Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: question on hunting w/dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    PBiz, you're still lost dude. You're babbling on about a bunch of what if nonsense that has nothing to do with the core of this issue. The fact is dog driving is a nuisance and its days are numbered. Enjoy it while you can, darlin.
    PUssycat,

Everything I have stated does correlate with the issue. Everytime my hounds are dumped, I do everything in my power for them not to become a nuisance. I realize that dog hunting as we know it will probably be a thing of the past in the next 4 or 5 years, but that is why I am willing to adopt regulations in order to preserve it.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Pbiz, do you lease your land from an individual or a company? If it is a landowner and they stick with your club and keep leasing it instead of listening to those still hunters that don't know how to skin, shoot, or even put up their own stand, ya'll will be fine. As long as it is private owned land.......THE HOUNDS WILL KEEP GETTING DUMPED!!

(IF DIXIE WOULD'A WON WE'DA HAD IT MADE!)
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

Fish, was you the fella in Fl that was kite surfing?? That looked like something a DA like you would've done.

DA= DUMBASS!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to stay off of this thread, but it's getting harder by the minute.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-23-2008 at 08:59 PM.

SCTIMBER Coots

@ Catdaddy

Ok I am all set now, please carry on......

:dasani: :Coke-icon:

Heck whats Deer Season w/out the good ole' Dog Hunting thread...........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Sportin woodies, if my hounds get on your land and hurt something of yours whether it be a person or tear up your nice pet gerbal's cage on your porch, right beside your butt plugs..... then yes I am going to have to pay for damages, but for them to simply run a deer across your land to have a simple minded fucker shoot them... then you will pay for damages in a court of law. It's not hard to understand. And yes if your bulldogs kill someone, they will be shot and that is legal, (self defense) so don't put together some off the wall bullshit and compare a bulldog killing someone vs. a hound running a deer across your land. I try to catch my dogs before they get out of the block I am hunting, but there is never a guarantee, even though it is a pain in the ass for still hunters, all I can do is either go get them with owner's permission or wait them out, or get dnr to go and get them for me.
    usually, in debate, someone starts throwin out insults when they can't think of anything intelligent to say. its also bothersome to think someone has buttplugs on their mind in a hunting conversation. are you a faggot?

I try to catch my dogs before they get out of the block I am hunting, but there is never a guarantee
    just like i "try" to keep my hypothetical pitbulls out of your yard and from attacking your children.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The issue of "trying" to keep the dogs off the neighbors property is the best effort that the best dog hunters can do. There are plenty of dog hunters who do their best at controlling their dogs, but in practice it is an impossible task. That is the essence of the situation. A lot of folks don't like to hear that and resort to name calling and point shifting, but it is none the less true. Dogs can't read and can't be expected to do anything other than to follow their instinct and training. The humans are the ones who know this and put the dogs in a situation where they will do what they are going to do and eventually or in the worse case, purposefully, get on another persons property......so who is to blame? You might not like it, but if you want to save dog hunting, you better quit the griping and blame shifting and get busy in working out a compromise like Georgia has. You have got by for generations with imposing your method of deer hunting on adjacent landowners.....to the point of thinking it is an entitlement. Well, times have changed.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

CWPINST,

I reckon that about sums it all up.

Well said.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail Widowmaker View Post
    dnr will be glad to come and retrieve the pups for the owner!
    Negative on that............

it doesn't make a damn if posted signs are on every other tree, if a man has a dog on another's land and the owner doesn't give him permission to come in and get the dog, dnr will go in and get that dog! The dog owner may get a fine for gettting the dog back but you can't keep someone's dog "hostage" just because they're on your land! And for sportin a woody, if you can't understand my post, then you must be stupid! I added the buttplugs as a joke, but if you don't like it? WHO GIVES A FUCK? I DON'T!
    Last edited by Whitetail Widowmaker; 08-24-2008 at 08:38 PM.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

i have enjoyed reading all of this crap. i wonder how many of you really dog hunt. how many of you feed hounds year round, those who do my hat's off to you. i dog hunt week in week out for deer season's entirety. You say that a person who owns 1 acre has as much right as that of a landowner with 1000 acres. Well currently in south carolina there are no restrictions on dog hunting so if it comes down to it it's a legal activity. Trespassing is not defined by ones hounds nor its actions. These hounds who fuck there sister and eat there own shit are now supposed to read posted signs. No way. Tighten up, talk to your neighbors, try hunting with them, or ask them when you are hunting a specific area to hunt the other end of there club, be civil, don't think just because they are dog hunters they are dumb, the late governor mcnair and his family are private landowners slap in the middle of dog country, most of our clubs are gone, however, his caretaker would always get our hounds for us, there is an art to catching hounds, killing deer with dogs, much tougher than that of sniping from tree stands. As for the guy in beaufort that preaches chessies, i hope your children don't shoot hounds also.
    Navin R. Johnson

Good post.................

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

i second that navin!
    IF IT FLIES-IT DIES

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Typical.

Again, this topic is back on the blocks, and again, we've got a new crop of children who just don't get it. DixieDipShit, HighBallin-LookWho's12YearsOldNow, and PBiz, (who knows better) are defending something that is basically undefendable. You're in here trying to make generally erroneous points without even knowing that these same impotent points have been posed and rejected as truly stupid by concerned landowners, conscientious hunters and reasonable people for years.

Dog hunting is not permanent. It is not here for "our lifetime". Don't be so arrogant. Hunting in general is not permanent. But still, trying to say that it is bad for hunting in general for hunters at large to target this type of hunting for disposal is preposterous.

Let's walk through this evolution logically and truthfully, shall we...

1) Anyone who is willing to release a dog with the intent of running deer across or off of someone else's property is a poacher and further, they are tresspassing. Hence they are a tresspasser.

2) Everyone knows that tresspassers are scum. If you didn't, you do now.

3) And since the dogs are allowed to run free across property lines, this pretty much makes anyone who turns out dogs on a track that is not enclosed by a fence, a poacher. I'm sure there are exceptions, but they are rare and therefore not worthy of further discussion or acknowledgement.

And just for you DixieDownsSyndrome, one acre of land carries the same amount of property rights as 100,000 acres. A person has the right to enjoy peace on their property. This is one of the great parts about the United States. We have property rights here. It is one of the key differences that seperate us from many, many countries that suffer without these rights and protections. If you don't understand what I'm saying, or simply disagree with it because it is contrary to your interests, you're in for a tough lesson down the road. And hopefully, this lesson will come at a considerable cost to you.

You hit the nail on the head there.

Not only hit the nail he drove it through the board. I can't believe it, I actually agree with FISH ??!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail Widowmaker View Post
    it doesn't make a damn if posted signs are on every other tree, if a man has a dog on another's land and the owner doesn't give him permission to come in and get the dog, dnr will go in and get that dog!
    DNR is going to overstep their boundaries by entering onto another person's property (land owner) for the personal benefit of another (dog owner). Not saying they cant, but they wont. The dog owner can sit his ass on the side of the road and wait or notify the Sheriff's office.

hardcorewaterfowler, thanks for the thermacell, i found it and will give it to dave on friday night when i get down there, trevor
    Navin R. Johnson

Jacksonville Fl (Beaufort SC on the weekends)

As for the guy in beaufort that preaches chessies, i hope your children don't shoot hounds also.
    I've never shot a hound, i said they do it back where i'm from (and they are not hounds because it's not legal to run hounds within 1000 miles). I'll teach my children to respect their neighbor, fellow SPORTSMAN, and the sport of hunting as a whole. Sounds like a few things you may want to learn too....

It's not going to be an issue because the dumbass redneck "bubba's", riding in the back of trucks drinking beer, that can't do it the correct way (i'll admit that is the minority of you for the record) will fuck it all up for everyone by then anyhow!!!!
    Proudly owned by "SHR A hunters dream of Westwind"

****Hunting is a form of dog training but not the first wave of it. *****

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia394 View Post
    DNR is going to overstep their boundaries by entering onto another person's property (land owner) for the personal benefit of another (dog owner). Not saying they cant, but they wont. The dog owner can sit his ass on the side of the road and wait or notify the Sheriff's office.
    Well I can't speak for any other dog hunters but if I had a dog on your land and you held my dog just to be an asshole and told me to set my ass on the property line and wait..... you would be the one calling the sheriff's office for an assault and battery charge! By then, me and my beloved screamin walker would be back in the woods running another buck!