Thread: carlsons chokes

Default carlsons chokes

Anybody shooting a carlsons extended steel choke tube? If so what do you think about it,and how does it pattern?

I have a set (3) of Carlson's extended tubes for steel shot. I also have a set of Carlson's extended tubes for trap/skeet/sporting clays (SKT, I, LM, M and IM) and two Turkey chokes by Carlson. Obviously, I like them a lot. Certainly they are the right price. There is probably a better choke out there, but you will pay considerably more for it.

The only ones that I have patterned are the turkey tubes. From my little bit of experience I find it difficult to pattern shot string on a moving target, therefore that is my excuse for not patterning the other tubes. When I patterned the turkey tubes, I shot a number of configurations with 3 guns and 3 or 4 tubes with various ammo, but the ported Carlson's tube ended up in my chosen combination.

With respect to the steel shot tubes, my set includes short, medium, and long range (that's what is printed on the choke and I don't know the constriction off of the top of my head). I almost always use the short range, but will occassionally use the medium range for geese or other special circumstances, and I have never fired a shot through the long range tube. However, I am sure that there are a few closet skybusters here on SCDucks that might like it.
    Last edited by Wad Shooter 2; 08-07-2008 at 07:15 PM.

Great choke

Long range is great best choke for the money , works good with lead for late doves too .