Thread: broadheads...

Default broadheads...

What broadheads has everyone had best luck with...
    Thinking of a 100grain Muzzy Mx4---had fairly good luck with them in the past...just thinking of ways to improve......Any other thoughts...?

I shoot 3 blade 100 grain Muzzy, the MX-3. Shot the original 100 grain 3 blade for years and will continue to shoot them. I have a buddy that swears by the 100 grain Montec by G5.
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

I killed my first few deer with various Muzzy's...and was always a skeptic of mechanicals....HOWEVER, after reading a lot of discussion about the Rage 2-Blade I gave them a try and am now a true believer in them and thats whats going to be in my quiver this year, along with a SteelForce Phat Head and a Slick Trick.
    If its brown its down, if it flies it dies.

Anybody else had problems with the slick trick doing weird stuff at long ranges? I shot them last year - dead on at 20-25 yards, but completely unpredictable at 30 plus yards. I switched to the rage 2 blades, which seem to fly great any any distance?????

125gr 3 blade Thunderheads been killn' since way back

Any SHARP fixed blade that spins true. I like Magnus Stingers - 100% replacement gurantee, no questions asked.

3 blade muzzys have kilt lots & lots of critters over the years.

If your bow is tuned well and the heads spin true, why not shoot fixed blade?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Shot muzzy's for a long time...........but amd tryin rage 2's this season............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

i'm also on the rage 2-blade train this year. DOnt know how i will like them but everyone else seems to love them or are willing to give them a try. Ive been practicing with the practice head that comes along in the package and i'm deadly all the way out to 40yds
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

I second the Snuffers. I like them better than the Montec for a single piece fixed blade. I also shoot the traditional three-blade Muzzy. I shot Rocket Steelhead expandables with good success before I figured out how to tune my bow.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Q.lyrata View Post
    Anybody else had problems with the slick trick doing weird stuff at long ranges? I shot them last year - dead on at 20-25 yards, but completely unpredictable at 30 plus yards. I switched to the rage 2 blades, which seem to fly great any any distance?????

That is a tuning issue, not a broadhead issue. Mechanicals will fly better at longer ranges out of marginally tuned bows. No knocking you, just telling you it wasn't the slick tricks.

I tried the rages last year and killed a doe and 9 pt. with them but on the 9pt did not get a pass through, the broadhead imbeded in a rib. They did a good job but I am going back to the rocket sidewinders this year. I have used them forever and never had a problem and have a bunch of them. I will say this i have never had a broken rocket broadhead but i broke both the rages so bad that i could not replace the blades.

2nd that Glenn..........thats mostly why people are switching to expandables.......easier to tune and less headache.......but a bow that is tuned correctly should shoot all BH'S just fine.......might need to tune arra's but thats it........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Give me enough feathers and a stiff enough shaft and I'll get an axe head to fly true to 50 yards.

no dat!