Thread: Gator Gettin' Gear

Default Gator Gettin' Gear

Found a link to Muzzy's Alligator rigs. Pros, cons, or any experience with this shit. I know they make some great bowfishing gear, but these aren't fish.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...934.1949.0.0.0

The tip is what my brother and Tater snagged their gators with just not on arrows but with the a "shockazooloo" spear stick... home made rigs. Muzzy gator getter tips are a must have...or catch em on a big fishing rod a cut that ass, I say bait em with chicken and killem!! bait deer, bait gator fuck it.

I and my brother just got a Point in the GA gator draw this a.m.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I was figurin on a med/heav action Ugly Stick w/ a pig n jig combo on a 3-0 circle hook on spider wire...

...but after seeing this rig, it looks better.

I figured your for kill em "dundee" style with a knife in the head
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I'll probably be w/ Rebel Yell and skrimple mohn.

Wouldn't want to make 'em feel inadequate. Bad enough just being as handsome as I am w/ out breakin' out the mad gator wrasslin skills.

catch em like the old turtle man on youtube
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

These rigs work great. We shot 3 last year and 3 in 2005 with gator getter arrows and muzzy harpoon points.

We killed two of the gators with the arrow, just passed right through their lungs and they were done in just a few minutes. The harpoon penetrated into the skin and held tight on the rest until we could get them snared with a pole and provide the coup de gras with the .44 mag.

These floats are different than the ones we used, but we've only had one gator pull all the line off our bottle reel. All the rest pretty much went straight down and just circled under the boat.

Make sure you put some reflective tape on those bouys. I had a buddy shoot a 12 footer in the back and it took his whole rig up in the marsh. He didn't go after it!!!

I got drawn for Midlands, but can't hunt until October. Save a few for me....I'm trophy hunting for a rug mount, but my buddies are going for 7 and 8 footers for the meat and belly tan....

Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)