Thread: A little afternoon light tackle!

Default A little afternoon light tackle!

Spent the evening fishing the rising tide here just outside of town. This is on Orca Inlet where Cordova is located and this time of year there are pink salmon, sea run dolly varden, and kings to be caught on light tackle. We fished some small inline spinners today on four pound test and caught these along with dozens more. No kings just pinks and dolly. We had a blast and I can't wait to put some in the fryer. Those sea run dollies are hard to beat!!

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Good stuff right there!

Still looks cold there. I'm jealous. If you put on a hooded sweatshirt here you would spontaneously combust.
    He would have been nice next year.

Nice like to expierence that up there someday. Looks like an awesome place
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

no shit Choco, I cut the grass today and if it weren't for Natural light I would have melted. Funny looking at pictures in July of people wearing hoodies and toebogins. Nice fish.

humpies from hell!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Where is the Nike hat ???
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.

I made a float trip in a canoe a couple weeks ago. We hit some crazy white water that pushed us into a log jam and turned the boat over. The famous blue Nike hat was the only casualty! I was able to hold onto my 45-70 and we had to chase down my Pelican case with my camera in it, but the hat was no where to be found!!!

The weather here has been pretty nice lately. It was in the low 50's when we took those pics of the fish. Had I been turned around the other way there would have been snow in the back ground!! Our mountains are still pretty covered and we're still waiting on some of our hiking trails to open up the rest of the way!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Man I should have joined the Coast Guard!

I know you're ready to get back to the lower 48, but man you will spend the rest of your days wishing you were back up there.

Ring King I like the hat, I used to work for them when I was stationed in Adak.

I won that one in a rubber duck race over the Fourth of July weekend. It lacks a little compared to the old blue Nike hat and doesn't have the dress up style like the CAT hat that Choco-Lab sent me, but it sure keeps the noggin warm!

your mojo is gone.
    **moment of silence**

No kidding!! You have no idea how upset one can get over the loss of a treasured hat!! I feel like somebody stole my security blanket!! LOL