Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
I know the turkeys at my place have started ignoring my ATV. I see a lot of deer while riding it too. They only get nervous when I shut it off. I make a point to ride the ATV around the property as often as I'm there, mostly just to keep the trails open but I think it also keeps the deer acclimated.

A friend taught me that deer aren't afraid of a corn combine. He shot a very nice 8 point out of a field in which the combine was still ticking while cooling off.

One of the heavy equipment operators digging ponds at my place said deer will visit a dig site as soon as they cut the machines off for the evening.
Deer are curious and I have seen a few killed by loggers that sat up in the loader after work. The company my dad works for, built a lot of roads for Westvaco back in the 70's. He said they would see deer regularly around the machinery and tracks all around it the next morning. It is all what deer get use to seeing, but damn having to drive a tractor each and every time I want to ride around my property or go hunt.

Friend of mine has hit several at night with a combine while cutting corn. Right nasty sight after one gets caught up