Thread: T-top screws question

Default T-top screws question

Okay the t-top screws are pulling out of the floorboard.There is absolute no way to get to the bottom side to put like a board to catch the screws. I know you can put "bigger" screws in but when they pull through then what? Go bigger again.......

Whats some ideas for this? I thought of going bigger on the screw and put epoxy on the screw as I tighten it down
    More fuel = more boost!!

Krt alot of the t-top manufacturers use a long screw with a nut that pops open, much similar ones used in drywall. Not sure of the name, but hope this helps you out. I had a 19ft key west cc that I took to key west in summerville and they helped me install mine. They were very nice and helpfull.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

What brand boat. If screws a pulling out more is moving than the t top. The item mentioned above are "toggler" bolts put out by Garelick. We use them alot. You need about an inch of clearance below to allow them to flip open. If the top is secured tight to the console,the screws in the legs don't work out unless the floor is moving. This would be a whole nudder problem.

No Shit, sounds like it could be a be ALOT DEEPER than just the screws. Hope not. Who made it? That would help. Bring it over and let me look at it. All kind of options. I just hope the floor ain't got wood in it and had water intrusion some kinda way and if it has still got some options.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It's a Sea Pro 238 center console. The bolts that secure it to the console were loose and I believe over time it pulled the screws loose on the t-top at the floor.

thanks for all the ideas.
    More fuel = more boost!!

That happened on my Uncle's Sea Hunt. As I understand it, it is an ailment that happens to a lot of CC's with a T-top.

Had to eventually cut access holes in the deck to shore it up with a piece of wood glassed to the underside of the deck. It was done under the console so it did not effect the aesthetics of the deck.

Perhaps having it professionally done for a warranty wouldnt be a bad idea?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

i have the same problem but with the seat and railing on my boston whaler. i have read that some people drill the hole out and then insert an epoxy covered wooden dowel in the hole to fill it.
    Last edited by Dewalt; 07-01-2008 at 09:50 AM.

I would attach a piece of aluminum plate to the floor with plenty of 3M 5200 and screws then attach everything to the plate. You could even have all the hardware welded to the plate then secure it to the floor.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Tell ya what I would do Kev, call Steve Carter @ Custom Welding & Fabrication and run it buy there and let him look at it if you goin the welding plate route. Dianne knows him and can tell you how to get there. 791-8899. He is the best I have seen and will give you idea's or he will fix it and warrant it. Hope this helps.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Custom Welding was also a generous sponsor for our last Delta event.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 07-01-2008 at 12:45 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton