Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unveiled Beach Company presents early Cantey Bay plans

Have any you Clarendon county folks heard anything new on this?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

i heard there was no money
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

My son is named Teige, after the first father that brought us here.

Not as important to y'all, but Greenwoods project up here is back on sale.

I know that it is a great place to hunt and farm. It will more than likely stay that way at least until we are dead and gone.

Santee11, have you ever heard of any reasoning to why the back end of Polly's (that is basically the back of Dingle Pond) was closed off completely and inducted into the refuge several years ago? I believe it happened around 2006-7.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Not sure why Bog but I know it came as a surprise one morning! ;-). I don't understand at all why they did it.

I hunted it fairly regularly up until they posted it. I always wondered if it had something to do with this development. I know Dingle Pond unit is privately owned and leased to SNWR, but that portion may all be on S-C property, and they could've leased it to the refuge. I thought maybe some of y'all Summerton guys may have known.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Santee11, have you ever heard of any reasoning to why the back end of Polly's (that is basically the back of Dingle Pond) was closed off completely and inducted into the refuge several years ago? I believe it happened around 2006-7.
    Homeowner and hunter complaints for many years led to this. Hunters stayed mad bc there was only room for one group and homeowners in the area pushed the issue bc it was so easy to move a pole and not hear shotgun blasts ever again.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Is that the place you took me in to?
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

I believe we sat in there one afternoon.

I remember having an epic hunt back there in the snow somewhere around 1990. Everything was frozen and we pulled the big flights of mallards and blacks. Great memory.

At times it was a great place to kill a big duck, back when big ducks were really scarce. There was an old man who always hunted his blind at the end of the creek. He was a cranky old fella, but if you knew him and took the time to speak with him, he didn't mind you hunting the lily pad pond on the right of the creek. I always thought there was some connection between this development and the moving of the refuge lines. They had done some clearing on the east side of the lily pond during 2005, and shortly after, the signs were moved to include the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    I know that it is a great place to hunt and farm. It will more than likely stay that way at least until we are dead and gone.
    Don't kid yourself. That crew will hunt the place until the economy starts a real uptick and then it is good as gone.
    cut\'em

Hey Bog Sorry I did not see your question, but what mudeagle said is the reason as far as I know.

Southernduck, The reason I said that is the economy would have to do a pretty good uptick for something like to get started, meaning it will be a long time. I know some people that would love to have it, and I hope that by that time they will have worked a deal to buy it and keep it like it is. I would hate to see that land as close as it is to the refuge get developed.

They are moving ahead with Mullet Hall with the taxpayers help to boot.
    cut\'em

Well I have been wrong before.

Bog, last time I talked to the Freemans, every thing is on hold " for a long time". I've had the chance to hunt with them on several occasions and they have it set up right.
    The refuge line in Pollies was moved several years ago back to the "original" line. Dont know why it would have been moved years ago but the current refuge manager discovered that it was not in the correct spot and had in moved back(to where it is now). Sucked because we used to smoke the ducks in there. I killed my first greenhead in there, actually a pair of greenheads, when I was about 11 or 12.

I agree with Thunder, the project has been put on hold. They had many issues to overcome (big one was water and sewer) and then the economy fell out, so probably will not happen for a long time.

I believe the recent reelection of Barack the Incompetent will put the brakes on
    this and any other development for the foreseeable future.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

Really? Wealthy yankees are still retiring in droves. They can still live down here for a fraction of what it costs to live in CT, NJ, NY, or even FL. The Beach Company is more than willing to trade our natural resources for yankee dollars.

As for development being braked...

http://www.wyff4.com/news/local-news...r/-/index.html