Thread: White Bass

Default White Bass

What a good suprise. Caught 16 this evening.

u catch them at waterree?
    they are dern sure there....caught about 6 or 7 of them on medium diving crankbaits in the last tourney

They can be fun when they are schooling.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

I miss em in the swamp and on Lake Murray.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I havn't caught any white bass in about 15 or 20 yrs. I would love to catch some, the last time i went it was at the 601 bridge? maybe and we caught some nice ones. Would love to get in on some of this action if someone would point me in the right direction.

You must have caught the last one because they dissapeared from the Santee/Wateree/Congaree rivers about then. Or it could have been the white perch that were introduced to the system about then. Of course, nobody can remember just WHO introduced them or WHERE they came from. Well, almost nobody...

Caught them on murray. We used to catch a few of them at our old lake house up by the dam when I was younger. I was just bream fishing the other day and a school must have come by. I know it's a rarity, but they are fun.

Any of y'all remember night fishing the mercury-vapor lights on murray in the late 70's/early 80's (before a lot of folks knew about it)? The white bass you could catch on a little-n were unbelievable (not to mention the largemouth).

Damn if those weren't some fun times.

There was a cove near our house on Murray where I would go about any August evening and wait for the white bass to start schooling. Ease up the school an pitch a small (1/8 or even 1/16 oz) bucktail on 4 lb test line and hang on.

Those were the pre-white perch days for sure. A white perch, to me, ain't good for anything but catfish bait.

SCTIMBER Coots

Caught about a dozen or so while bream fishing years ago on Lake Marion. Not a single one since then.

They used to tear UP a Bayou Boogie.

Used to catch a ton of them on the congaree w/ dad back in the day when he striper fished those parts alot...........

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboat22 View Post
    I havn't caught any white bass in about 15 or 20 yrs. I would love to catch some, the last time i went it was at the 601 bridge? maybe and we caught some nice ones. Would love to get in on some of this action if someone would point me in the right direction.
    at wateree try shallow crank baits around docks, and deep crankbaits around the underwater points near the dam....hope this helps...goodluck