Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spur Necklace's...........

Default Spur Necklace's...........

If ya got em'........Show em'...................heres one I'm working on.......

Nice stringer of spurs you got there CC
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Very nice... Last season I started sawing all the spurs off the legs in my freezer... I see your's match up.. I like that.. Mine are all mixed up now in a zip loc bag in the freezer... I guess I messed that up.

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    Very nice... Last season I started sawing all the spurs off the legs in my freezer... I see your's match up.. I like that.. Mine are all mixed up now in a zip loc bag in the freezer... I guess I messed that up.
    It might take you some time but you can figure out which ones are matching sets.........I got 2 other buddy's that want me to do theres now.......

what type of beads are you using as spacers? I like those, the one's I've used are wood and are OK but I'm thinking of getting/using some that are better quality. BTW my stringer doesn't compare to yours. YOUR'S IS NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    what type of beads are you using as spacers? I like those, the one's I've used are wood and are OK but I'm thinking of getting/using some that are better quality. BTW my stringer doesn't compare to yours. YOUR'S IS NICE!

Squatty I'm just using black onyx lookalikes from the walmart craft section......I tried alot of different colors but I think the black ones dress them up alot nicer.....I love my spur necklace I have really taken pride in it since I started it and it give me a way to wind the season down even though I wish it was still in......

IF I DID ONE IT WOULD LOOK MORE LIKE A BRACELET... HAHA

I love my spur necklace I have really taken pride in it since I started it and it give me a way to wind the season down even though I wish it was still in......
    I'm with 'ya on that!

I have thought about redo'n mine with Metal Brass or Copper Beads. You can get them from Crazy Crow Trading Post. It's an Indian Lore outfit. Here's a link:

http://www.crazycrow.com/Merchant2/m...de=502-100-000

I think they've got some better Black Onyx beads there too, other than the el'cheap o's from Little Mexico
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 05-05-2008 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    I'm with 'ya on that!

I have thought about redo'n mine with Metal Brass or Copper Beads. You can get them from Crazy Crow Trading Post. It's an Indian Lore outfit. Here's a link:

http://www.crazycrow.com/Merchant2/m...de=502-100-000

I think they've got some better Black Onyx beads there too, other than the el'cheap o's from Little Mexico

I like those metal one's...........I just cant figure out which would look better....the copper or the brass.........

That place has some cool stuff if you're into that sort of thing. I got into it for a few years back when I was in the Scouts.

I may buy some of both the brass and copper and see how they'd look. I know that over time the Brass one's lose their shine and have that weatherd look.

Yea might be able to stagger step them and they would look good.......

ccleroy, try using clear fingernail polish on the spurs, really brings them to life and protects them at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Yea might be able to stagger step them and they would look good.......
    Leroy/Squatt,

Just a thought, perhaps those brass beads to use as season or species seperators...

Much like a totem.

Again...just a thought...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I had it at first where I put bone/spur to bone/spur but it didn't look quite right. You need a spacer b/t each IMO. Just looks better again IMO. Funny thing is though I can remember the story for each set of spurs on the string.

Looks awesome. I know there is alot of memories in that spur collection.
    He would have been nice next year.

Quote Originally Posted by choco-lab View Post
    Looks awesome. I know there is alot of memories in that spur collection.

Yep......I can remember each and every one of those birds on that necklace........I have a mouth call case and take the birds I kill that year up till I tag out or either the season ends and wear them on that lanyard with me in the woods then they get transfered over to the necklace.....kinda like good luck charms.....people have asked me before hey man let me get a set of spurs from you.......people dont understand how particular I am about my spurs and how much they mean to you when you take a bird........to me those spurs are more valuable than any set of whitetail antlers...........

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Leroy/Squatt,

Just a thought, perhaps those brass beads to use as season or species seperators...

Much like a totem.

Again...just a thought...
    Thats actually a good idea BB.................

Hey Richard Let Me Get A Set Of Spurs From You.... I Cant Kill My Own... Haha J/k I Wanted To Post To Check My New Avatar Out

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Hey Richard Let Me Get A Set Of Spurs From You.... I Cant Kill My Own... Haha J/k I Wanted To Post To Check My New Avatar Out

Looks Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Yep......I can remember each and every one of those birds on that necklace........I have a mouth call case and take the birds I kill that year up till I tag out or either the season ends and wear them on that lanyard with me in the woods then they get transfered over to the necklace.....kinda like good luck charms.....people have asked me before hey man let me get a set of spurs from you.......people dont understand how particular I am about my spurs and how much they mean to you when you take a bird........to me those spurs are more valuable than any set of whitetail antlers...........
    I couldn't have said that better myself! That's pretty much exactly the same thing I do and exactly how I feel about my spurs. I'm not that big of a Deer hunter to begin with so naturally the spurs mean more to me. Basically I can relate to how you feel almost (if not) to a T!