Thread: Trifluralin Question

Default Trifluralin Question

I sprayed glyphosate over the strips I plan to plant to Millet and Buckwheat. I did clean the tank and flush it after the Trifluralin, and before sparying. I was reading about some other applications for the Trifluralin in the label, and it said that the yield for Prosso will be greatly reduced up to one year after spraying with Trifluralin. I tried to minimize winddrift by sprayin on calm days, but had some overlap of a few feet into each side of the strips, plus the possibility of some relatively small amount of Trifluralin residue being applied to the strips. Also, the Trifluralin label says it controls Wild Buckwheat. Should I look for something else to plant in the strips between the Sunflowers? Do you all think the millet and buckwheat will be okay?

Should be ok with a small amount of overlap.

Slaya,grab ya some soil from the seed zone,particularily from the overlaps.Get a small tray full ,seed yer goodies& see what happens.We used to do that in the spring to check chemical carryover depending on situation.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Thanks for the tip, Harv. I may just plant corn, I just got a phone call about a set of two row planters with fert. distributors in my price range, which is low.

hard not to grow millet.

What I was thinkin.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I thought trifluralin had to be cut in to become effective. If it has to be cut in could you just not use a grain drill.

its effective when it comes in contact with seeds that have not yet germinated and it kills the germ, thats all

so you want it to come in contact with the weeds seeds that will germinate, those usually in about the top couple inches.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

You are supposed to incorporate Treflan within a couple of hours of spraying. If you don't, sunlight will neutralize it.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Top sow your millet. It will come up fine.

We've put trifluralin on the whole sunflower field and then overseeded millet in the misses or thin patches. Ended up with a nice stand of both.

As long as you don't disk the seed in you'll be fine.
    Originally Posted by Rubberhead*
    I'm sure our loving God gave dogs short lifespans so we can get a glimpse of the joy and sorrow that our own lives bring to Him.

HRCH Riptide's Hydrophilic Hammertime (HYDRO)