Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanging Dead Mount, How Much?

Default Hanging Dead Mount, How Much?

I called one place in Bowman that does good work. $850.00 whewww, that's rough

Any suggestions on who else to call? I travel to Cola, Summerville, Greenwood on a regular basis - it'd be nice if it was in route to one of these places from the Hilton Head area.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Not in those towns, but I've got a really good one in Greenville. Ronnie Gaillard. He's a bit pricey, but his work is tops. He's done some really good hanging dead duck mounts for me. Good luck.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I called one place in Bowman that does good work. $850.00 whewww, that's rough

Any suggestions on who else to call? I travel to Cola, Summerville, Greenwood on a regular basis - it'd be nice if it was in route to one of these places from the Hilton Head area.
    Rebel.........if it's John you are talking about he does a good job but he's way to pricey and needs to realize that......this aint no kudu you're mounting it's a turkey........normally the hanging dead mount runs around the same as a strutter or $50-$100 more.........I paid $375 for my full mount 2 years ago.....so another words you shouldnt have to pay no more than $550 for one....I'm bout to go ask a guy I know for ya and see what he say's......

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Rebel.........if it's John you are talking about he does a good job but he's way to pricey and needs to realize that......this aint no kudu you're mounting it's a turkey........normally the hanging dead mount runs around the same as a strutter or $50-$100 more.........I paid $375 for my full mount 2 years ago.....so another words you shouldnt have to pay no more than $550 for one....I'm bout to go ask a guy I know for ya and see what he say's......
    yeah I think his name is John, his place is right off 210, I think his deer processing is some of the best I have ever used - I've taken lots of deer to lots of different places in the past

I'll wait to here back from you, thanks

I like this oneAttachment 27
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 08-28-2008 at 04:31 PM.

be careful with the guy in boman... my buddy has had a turkey at his shop for over 3 years and he has not finished.... he also has his deposit...

Don't be letting the wings or tail hide them spurs.

yall talkin about the guy that just moved from downtown bowman a year ago?
    good work, great work really, high prices, and stuff takes along time. the processing is also the best ive ever had.

supply and demand. why not charge if you can get it?

looks good RY.... I've never priced a turkey mount, but that seems pretty high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Rebel I just talked to the Fella here in Bamberg his name is Ricky Maxwell......he said it would be around $400 for that one.......his number is 682-4403.he also said call after 4 pm if possible.....hope that helps........

leroy - i'll call him this evening, have you seen any of his work?

leroy - i'll call him this evening, have you seen any of his work?
    Yep.....he did a euro mount for a big 8 I killed last year and he's done a pintail and a woodie for a friend of mine and they were awesome now I havent seen any of his turkey's but I know a fella who has and he says they look top notch if they fall in line w/ his ducks you have nothing to worry about......tell him Ricky told you to call I told him you prolly were............

Know this, Turkey mounts aren't inexpensive no matter where you go or who you use. If you've got a turkey bird that you want to have mounted it is obviously a trophy and I'm sure that you would like to have a mount that will do the bird justice. Now you may find a taxidermist that will do the work for a cheaper price, however I would venture to say that you should expect to get a "cheap" mount back in return.

Now I know several REALLY GREAT taxidermists that will do a phenomenal job for you. However NONE of them are in this state. One in particular charges $750.00 for a turkey in any pose. If you add habitat you add $$ to the mount so keep that in mind.

If you are interested in getting more info. please PM me and I'll be glad to help. Then if you don't believe what I'm telling you or what I have to say ask Simple Man his opinion on a recent visit to the shop of one of the guys I'll recommend.
    Last edited by GobblerHntr; 05-01-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty420 View Post
    Know this, Turkey mounts aren't inexpensive no matter where you go or who you use. If you've got a turkey bird that you want to have mounted it is obviously a trophy and I'm sure that you would like to have a mount that will do the bird justice. Now you may find a taxidermist that will do the work for a cheaper price, however I would venture to say that expect to get a "cheap" mount back in return.

Now I know several REALLY GREAT taxidermists that will do a phenomenal job for you. However NONE of them are in this state. One in particular charges $750.00 for a turkey in any pose. If you add habitat you add $$ to the mount so keep that in mind.

If you are interested in getting more info. please PM me and I'll be glad to help. Then if you don't believe what I'm telling you or what I have to say ask Simple Man his opinion on a recent visit to the shop of one of the guys I'll recommend.

You are right on that squatty..........if I had to another to mount it would deff. get sent off to Callie Morris.........his work is something to see..............

Callie, has made a name for himself with his decoys. His work is outstanding! No doubt! However, there are MANY more guys out there that are just as talented, if not more talented as Callie. I'm not really all that familiar with his timing on getting a bird done or even if he's taking birds in to be mounted. But he would be right up there on a short list of folks that I would use if I were going to get a turkey bird mounted.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I was suprised to see the price on this display piece.........only $2100 I thought it would have been a hang of a lot more.....

fine lookin toms there! hell yeah!!
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

leroy- i talked to your buddy last night and emailed him a few pics of a few mounts I was kinda interested in. I'm probably gonna take the bird to him.

Thanks for the contact info

Rebel the next time your in Greenwood stop by Sportsmans Friend and ask. They send their mounts to somebody out of town I think. They have done two ducks for me and i was pleased. They did a coworkers turkey last year and he was pleased with it. Not all that bad on price either.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

leroy- i talked to your buddy last night and emailed him a few pics of a few mounts I was kinda interested in. I'm probably gonna take the bird to him.

Thanks for the contact info
    Good deal man........Glad I could help!