Thread: Another Stolen Trailer Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Another Stolen Trailer Thread

We had two trailers stolen from our shop off of Assembly Street in Columbia either Tuesday night or yesterday. The one pictured still had the black sealcoating machine on it. The other was a 6’x10’ heavy duty utility trailer with a toolbox on the tongue. Posting this on the off chance the sealcoating trailer is spotted because it’s somewhat unique.
    IMG_2437.jpg

That sucks. Hate a thief. Air tags and GPS tracking devices or somewhat cheap insurance. Good customer of mine got his dump trailer back the next day off a gps tracker. Lexington County didn’t even file charges.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    That sucks. Hate a thief. Air tags and GPS tracking devices or somewhat cheap insurance. Good customer of mine got his dump trailer back the next day off a gps tracker. Lexington County didn’t even file charges.
    Good advice. At least you can go get your stuff yourself. I've had a few things stolen over the years and the common response has been "I hope you have good insurance". What I really wanted was my stuff back. Between some law enforcement, solicitors, judges, social justice warriors, etc. that does not seem to be what they are worried about.

Purchased Air Tags today for the remainder of our equipment. Can’t blame anyone but myself for not doing it sooner. A police report was filed more so to make sure that base was covered. I know those trailers are gone. I posted in hopes maybe it would lead someone to be more proactive.

Everyone here is ready to lynch me every time I say this but till SC starts tagging trailers this crap is not going to stop

I figure majority of trailers are not insured so that is why insurance company’s do not push for it

This really sucks and will continue which is sad .

Just bought a new tandem axle EZ Loader aluminum trailer for my Ranger Bay boat, asked one of my friends/clients if he wanted to put it on his lot to sell. Told problem is every time they have tried to sell a trailer or even leave one in the fenced in area the local POS’s cut fence and take trailer in middle.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Everyone here is ready to lynch me every time I say this but till SC starts tagging trailers this crap is not going to stop

I figure majority of trailers are not insured so that is why insurance company’s do not push for it

This really sucks and will continue which is sad .

Just bought a new tandem axle EZ Loader aluminum trailer for my Ranger Bay boat, asked one of my friends/clients if he wanted to put it on his lot to sell. Told problem is every time they have tried to sell a trailer or even leave one in the fenced in area the local POS’s cut fence and take trailer in middle.
    Serious question. How is paying another tax and putting a tag on a trailer going to keep a local meth head from stealing it?

In the stolen property cases I've been involved in where the perp was caught, the crook it out of jail before the ink is dry on the paperwork and all they get is another entry on their rap sheet.

If there were REAL penalties for theft it would slow down considerably.

I have tags on my company trucks and one if them got stolen. All a tag and registration is is another tax on law abiding citizens.