Thread: Storms last night, we dodged a bullet

Default Storms last night, we dodged a bullet

Some rough storms came through about 1 am, not sure why my Wife thought she needed to wake me up to let me know our power was out MERCY

Anyway I was wide awake and finally looked outside and saw tree limb on front walkway, no tree really that close . Went out side and we were very lucky, water oak snapped about half way up and land in front yard and appears only damaged gutters . Did land on flower bed I worked by ass off on but that is easy fix

Lot of trees down in our area and still now power

Hope everyone in Upstate is ok, apparently pretty rough storm. I did hear hail between 1:30-2 am.

IMG_5872.jpg

Yea we have a couple trees down, and one tool down the power line to the main office and the treatment plant so we are on generator. Also ripped some of the roof off the main office.

Office is in South Greenwood
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Yea we have a couple trees down, and one tool down the power line to the main office and the treatment plant so we are on generator. Also ripped some of the roof off the main office.

Office is in South Greenwood
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I slept through the whole thing. Alarm went off at 0430 and heard thunder. Checked the radar and it was headed east and moving out. Round 2 is about here and round 3 should be in around noon or a little later.

Fortunately it missed us other than small branches and leaves everywhere, but areas of Anderson got hit pretty hard just NE of the hospital. I saw a number of fairly large branches and big trees laying around on my way into town this morning, with a couple of them laying on houses. Word is that a large tree got uprooted and fell onto one of the Anderson University buildings. I also heard that some areas along the Belton Hwy area got hit hard including a reported tornado.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 05-09-2024 at 02:54 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

We live in the neighborhood just NE of AnMed in Anderson. I looked out of my bedroom window around 2am and based on the wind blowing the oaks around, I thought a tornado was nearby.

We just drove around the block and there are multiple trees on top of houses, with one house that looks almost completely destroyed. News Channel 7 was in the neighborhood filming for the evening news.

Luckily we took down a large Oak tree in our yard a few years ago, which was the last tree that could fall on our house and cause damage.

Someone sent my wife pics of an actual funnel cloud near Honea path

Went to office today (W Whitner St) and tree down every where , not power at my office till right at 5

Our power came back on about an hour ago

We had high winds/rain and by the sound of my windows, some hail around 1:30 am. No trees down or power out just limbs everywhere and all the ditches washed out. A couple of docks turned in our cove. Went to work this morning and Anderson was a mess. I travelled Whitehall this morning and trees/power lines down in several places. Ate lunch downtown and went back to the shop down Whitner and there were huge oak trees and bunch of power lines down and some houses damaged. Some serious wind through there.
    Last edited by We Jeep Inn; 05-09-2024 at 09:13 PM.