Thread: Hush Money Trial

Default Hush Money Trial

I know you guys (maybe not Toof) have been following the Hush Money Trial getting underway. What a circus it has been in just a few short days. Jurors already getting caught lying to the court to get on the jury. The latest was charged with ripping campaign signs off of yards for conservative candidates. They only have 5 seated thus far. There is no way Trump will get anything close to a fair trial. There is no doubt the jury will have far left nut jobs making decisions about his guilt.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updat.../?id=108402689

This thing should be moved to a purple state at the very least. Even the judge's daughter is a left wing activist. I predict he gets convicted and the conviction gets overturned on appeal.

They plan to keep him in court room until the election. I predict they may lock him up for contempt also. He's making the most of his time in the big apple. He even welcomed the president from Poland & showed him around.

That democratic experiment that started over 200 years ago is over. We are now living under tyranny . God help our kids and grand kids. So many fought and died for nothing
    Bluetick

Take a ride....Take a ride. You bought your ticket! Now take a ride!

I dont know what will happen but I doubt it goes as planned for either side. But it will be a heck of a show! If anything Bragg has now shown everyone in NY that it isnt about justice it's about raw dog power and prosecuting your enemies. Schumer made Trump impeachment proof in his second term with that stunt he pulled with Myorkis. All I can say is it will be a wild ride!

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Damn, If I were DJT I would want a refund. “Hush Money” did not stay “HUSH” very long

And now Trumps defense team is talking to Avenatti about testifying in defense of Trump. How weirder can this get? Seems like both sides are trying to find the biggest liar to testify for their side. I wouldn't be surprised in the Bragg wasn't talking to Jussie Smollett.

And it looks like Solo is dethroning Roman as tribal chief and head of the bloodline after Roman lost the title to Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania. Paul Haymen is in a tough spot for sure. Weird times abound.

It is not illegal to pay blackmail however it is against the law to blackmail someone. Show trial.

The whole thing is absurd and again, railroading Trump, but don't act like he had nothing to do with this.
    Again, there shouldn't be a criminal trial in my opinion and talk about "jail time" is ridiculous.
    In a nutshell
    On the verge of the 2016 election, Trump's camp was worried about scandals stuff being uncovered
    He had already had a friend that runs the National Inquire pay Karen McDougal $150k for a "catch and kill" affair story.
    He had the same company pay the doorman at Trump Tower to "catch and kill" another story
    Keep in mind this was when the Access Hollywood "grab em by the p***y" tape was in the headlines
    Then
    Stormy Daniels was paid $130,000 by Trump's former fixer Michael Cohen to sign a nondisclosure agreement about her encounters with Trump. Cohen obtained a line of credit on his home to make the payment just before the election. She didn't blackmail them, she was selling her story to a media source and they approached her to kill it.
    After the election, Trump's company paid Cohen back for the payment to Daniels.
    While a hush money payment is not necessarily illegal, Cohen and AMI have both admitted they broke laws by making these payments in an effort to hide unflattering information before the 2016 election.
    Cohen pleaded guilty to two campaign finance charges in August 2018: causing an unlawful campaign contribution for his involvement orchestrating the payment from AMI to McDougal, and making an excessive campaign contribution for the payment to Daniels.
    Cohen recorded at least one conversation with Trump that appears to be about the payment to Daniels in which they are heard discussing whether to make the payment in cash.
    Cohen has also testified to the grand jury that indicted Trump. In 2018, Trump initially denied any knowledge of the payments, but he later admitted in a carefully worded tweet that he made them to Cohen.
    Trump's indictment by a grand jury in April 2023, accusing the former president of "falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election."
    In my opinion, he did it all but is it really a big deal? The average person probably sees no crime here but apparently with campaign finance laws, its a felony and
    the way he charged the payments in his accounting is another crime. Again, who really cares other than those out to get him?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 04-21-2024 at 09:59 AM.

yeah...i tend not to pay much attention when a president is on trial for paying hush money to a hooker.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

And our current admin just agreed to spend $95 BILLION more that we do not have. Over $60 BILLION going to the made up country of Ukraine. Not one penny will be spent on our border security! Only people that need to be on trial are the traitors that voted for this. I notice that all our big votes now occur on the weekends or in the wee hours of the morning. We are the dumbest citizens in the world.

by "current administration" you mean the R majority congress?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    by "current administration" you mean the R majority congress?
    Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yeah...i tend not to pay much attention when a president is on trial for paying hush money to a hooker.
    I don't recall Clinton being put on trial for paying off Paula Jones. I must have missed that. Weird right?

realize this issue started well before y'all are giving it credit for.

JFK didn't pay off his bimbos with cash....

Just sayin...
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Right and it's not like he ran into the drink and left her for dead. Only democrats do that sort of thing.

Still blackmail and besides it was his money. He can do what he want with it.