Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Champions

Default Champions

Congratulations Lady Gamecocks!

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Another NC for the Flagship University.

Carolina fan, but was pulling for Iowa

Nice tribute to CC by Dawn after the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Nice tribute to CC by Dawn after the game.
    Yes it was.

Good thing lady gamecocks are two teams deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Good thing lady gamecocks are two teams deep.
    Yep. All of the other teams are gassed in the second half.

SC's flagship university in the national spotlight again.
    They wanted it, I love that Iowa team and hate to see either team have to lose.
    Enjoy watching both of them play when they get into the playoffs

Flagship university makes me laugh. But, they are by far the best team and deserved to win it all. She can flat out recruit and coach. Best team and program.

Not sure what’s sadder, calling that shithole a flagship or grown men watching women’s basketball. Congrats to to Don Staley and those “guys” for their achievement.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

What a great day to be a gamecock
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    Carolina fan, but was pulling for Iowa
    Yeah I don’t think so. Pull against your team for what ever reason, you’re not a fan.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I sure wanted Iowa to win, but Lady SC is really good. Their "bigs" are hard to overcome. As much as I dislike Staley, she's a great coach.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I'm not much of a sport watching person. My take on the game and 1 prior game leading up to championship.
    Again I didn't have a care in the world who won as I am not a supporter throughout year so I am looking at the big picture between the 2 teams.

Team Iowa was all about 1 player. Broadcasters were all about 1 player for Iowa. Not taking away from Clark as she is a good player but in all scheme of things she is a ball hog. Yes you have to feed the ball to the one that can make the basket but to many times the opportunity was there for another Iowa player being wide open and she takes a shot from 5 ft behind 3pt line under pressure.

Even though there was also a star player (maybe not the quality of Clark in Lots of eyes) sc was acknowledged as a team. Freshmen and bench players performed when it was clutch and helped gamecocks to 2 wins including the championship.

There is no (I) in team and sc played that way. Can't say that about Iowa.

Also looking at fouls called sc played under a different standard when Clark was in the equation.

Just the 3 games of women basketball I watched in final four uconn and sc were classified as a team not focusing every play on 1 person.

I personally was glad to see sc take the win.

I don't know anything about Any of the coaches but thought Staley did a good job stating her stance on her Christian beliefs and to acknowledge that Clark really helped the women's basketball league.

I have to think she is a good coach since she lost 5 seniors last year and recognized when it was time to put young players in to put points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Yes it was.

Trust me that was more for her to get attention than her being nice about that player.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    I'm not much of a sport watching person. My take on the game and 1 prior game leading up to championship.
    Again I didn't have a care in the world who won as I am not a supporter throughout year so I am looking at the big picture between the 2 teams.

Team Iowa was all about 1 player. Broadcasters were all about 1 player for Iowa. Not taking away from Clark as she is a good player but in all scheme of things she is a ball hog. Yes you have to feed the ball to the one that can make the basket but to many times the opportunity was there for another Iowa player being wide open and she takes a shot from 5 ft behind 3pt line under pressure.

Even though there was also a star player (maybe not the quality of Clark in Lots of eyes) sc was acknowledged as a team. Freshmen and bench players performed when it was clutch and helped gamecocks to 2 wins including the championship.

There is no (I) in team and sc played that way. Can't say that about Iowa.

Also looking at fouls called sc played under a different standard when Clark was in the equation.

Just the 3 games of women basketball I watched in final four uconn and sc were classified as a team not focusing every play on 1 person.

I personally was glad to see sc take the win.
    It's very obvious that you only watched a couple of games. Clark is one of the least ball-hog elite players that I have ever seen. Look up her assist numbers. Clark gets the attention from the media that she gets because she is really, really good at every part of the game.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Yeah I don’t think so. Pull against your team for what ever reason, you’re not a fan.
    First it’s women’s basketball, secondly Dawn Staley is right behind the Mulkey coach on people I dislike. But yes, I guess I’m not a fan of women’s basketball and enjoyed watching the Iowa team. Sorry for disappointing you, but had Iowa not played I would have rather watched Joel Osteen for a couple hours.

Hope Staley's "Christian beliefs" afford her players the opportunity to visit the White House after DJT gets back in.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master