Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob 3/30

Default Bob 3/30

We’ve pretty much lost out little private spots due to development and such so we waited for the forest to open up before we would give it a go. I do have birds starting to show up on my place, but I just don’t want to mess with them.
    So we slept in and did some farm chores and sent my oldest daughter off with her friend and family on a cruise so around noon I told the boys to get dressed because it was youth day and the Lord knows they ask me every day to either hunt or fish. We headed to a small WMA not to far from the house not anticipating much, because the one other time I’ve been here it was packed out and there’s really not a whole lot of options to what I consider good turkey habitat.
    We got there around 1230 and stopped at the first descent looking spot and walked into the woods a couple hundred yards hitting the call with no response and it just got thicker and more wet the deeper we went so we backed out and moved on to the next spot. There was trucks at every access that I’ve been to before so I had to scratch my head for a minute and look at my phone map and try to decide where we could try.
    We came across a thicket that looked like it would possibly open up deeper in so we settled for that and started our hike. We waded through palm frawn bottoms and briars and finally came up on a little hardwood ridge. I hit the call and nothing. I honestly was ready to move on but I had to push a little deeper because there was a little creek at the base of this ridge and it just felt like there was another ridge through the creek and there was a pretty thick section separating the two. We stopped in the creek and I hit the call again and he gobbled maybe 100 yards out front. We backed up out the creek and picked a tree. Henry sat back behind just praying little bro would finally get to seal the deal himself. I hit the call again and he was halfway to us. I cut immediately when he gobbled and a hen cut me off. I went quiet for a bit and then I hit the call and he gobbled again. Bob moved his gun to the left and I questioned him but he said the bird was to the left. I couldn’t tell where the gobble came from but I took his word from it. Almost immediately the hen popped out the thicket and started crossing the creek and a couple seconds later the gobbler popped out in full strut behind her. He was maybe 30 yards but Bob is so short he didn’t have a shot on him due to the palmettos. The boy was shaking so hard it was almost too much! The hen started getting uneasy and turned around. Gobbler still strutting at the time I told him to be ready to sit up and take the shot when I say if you’re comfortable with it. The bird spun a 180 and folded his wings back and I told him now or never son and he sat up and crushed him! We hugged, cried high fived and I couldn’t be more proud. Not to bad for a quick little midday hunt!
    IMG_0593.jpg
    IMG_0595.jpg
    IMG_0596.jpg
    867-5309

Great job! Congratulations to Bob

Good stuff right there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Good stuff!

Excellent work!
    every expert was once a beginner

Well. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Awesome!

Yessir! Hammer too! Congrats!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Super awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Congratulations!

Luden?!
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

What a hunt. Congrats to yall.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Way to go Bob!

that's awesome.
    i want to make fun of you but i just cant!
    well done
    i'm sure he knows it doesnt always work out like that, right?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Congrats to you both. Fine day afield.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

this is golden
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Perfect Day!
    Cravin' me some boiled p-nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Tater
    Y’all don’t know shit about fuck.

Good job pushing that extra distance congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Luden?!
    Yessir
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    that's awesome.
    i want to make fun of you but i just cant!
    well done
    i'm sure he knows it doesnt always work out like that, right?
    Oh yes he does.
    867-5309