Thread: Something Different

Default Something Different

If you like how guitar strings sound, watch til the end.
    Marcus is from Greenville, SC

Last edited by ecu1984; 04-02-2024 at 01:06 AM.

Dude can play for sure. Saw him a few years back twice. Once with Blackberry Smoke the other time was some fistful. He was not as comfy with his stage appearance at the time, but dang he could play back then.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Marcus is awesome. Super talented dude. And technically I think he's from Powdersville.

Dude is talented for sure. If you like him, look up the Teskey Brothers. You're welcome.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I stumbled upon Marcus a couple years back. Dude can flat out play, no doubt.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Dude is talented for sure. If you like him, look up the Teskey Brothers. You're welcome.
    Teskey Brothers have been on the play list my man.

We have a pretty talented family friend that attended the fine arts center in high school with Marcus. He's told stories about how crazy talented Marcus is.

I met Marcus years ago through a good buddy of mine who is a live music fanatic. He kept telling me about this young high school kid who was a freak on the guitar and had this super unique voice. He bugged the crap outta me to come see him play and one night I finally caved. Like most who see him for the first time I was blown away at how talented he was. My friend took the band under his wing and bought them a van, helped them get an agent, got their drummer Jack Ryan a drum deal, and basically helped them get started. I've been lucky enough to hang out with Marcus and the band a few times over the years and you will not meet many young men more humble and respectful than they are. It's been fun to watch them rise from playing Chicora Alley in downtown Greenville to playing the shows they do today. For those that haven't heard him do yourself a favor and take a listen.
    Last edited by BCR3; 04-03-2024 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    I met Marcus years ago through a good buddy of mine who is a live music fanatic. He kept telling me about this young high school kid who was a freak on the guitar and had this super unique voice. He bugged the crap outta me to come see him play and one night I finally caved. Like most who see him for the first time I was blown away at how talented he was. My friend took the band under his wing and bought them a van, helped them get an agent, got their drummer Jack Ryan a drum deal, and basically helped them get started. I've been lucky enough to hang out with Marcus and the band a few times over the years and you will not meet many young men more humble and respectful than they are. It's been fun to watch them rise from playing Chicora Alley in downtown Greenville to playing the shows they do today. For those that haven't heard him do yourself a favor and take a listen.
    He "showed" up at Chicora in Travelers Rest one Sunday afternoon several months ago and played. Of course there was no advertising. Just were fortunate if you out were there.

I saw that he and Billy Strings played a show together at The Ryman a year or so ago. THAT would have been a show. Probably 2 of the most talented guitarists of that generation in what I think is the greatest live music venue on the planet.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I saw that he and Billy Strings played a show together at The Ryman a year or so ago. THAT would have been a show. Probably 2 of the most talented guitarists of that generation in what I think is the greatest live music venue on the planet.
    Yep. That would've been an awesome show.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    He "showed" up at Chicora in Travelers Rest one Sunday afternoon several months ago and played. Of course there was no advertising. Just were fortunate if you out were there.
    That would have been pretty dang cool. I've been lucky enough to see them play in person at a beach house on IOP one night after they played a show in Charleston. Played golf with Jack a few times, one of the nicest people you will meet.