Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: J. Carter - Found Him!

Default J. Carter - Found Him!

Found our infamous man Jason Carter. He seems to have made quite a turnaround

https://quailforever.org/BlogLanding...4-00224809c8e4

That article is about Jason Cater...not Carter

You would be correct, LL. My apologies.

Are you looking for passion this morning?????
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

The "Legend"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning Bird View Post
    You would be correct, LL. My apologies.
    You big dummy.

Any farmers on this site that do field edge buffers or pollinator habitat? Is it a crp or nrcs program?

Quote Originally Posted by swampknob View Post
    Any farmers on this site that do field edge buffers or pollinator habitat? Is it a crp or nrcs program?
    Falls under CRP CP33 is field borders and CP42 is Pollinator Habitat. I work for Quail Forever and would be happy to put you in touch with a Farm Bill Biologist in your area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I want to be able to sell the idea to a farmer, without hurting his bottom line or causing him headache. Lots of wild birds in the area and want to figure out a way to help both out.

I want to be able to sell the idea to a farmer, without hurting his bottom line or causing him headache. Lots of wild birds in the area and want to figure out a way to help both out.
    There’s a heck of a lot of evidence to show that not planting margins or unproductive areas of fields and putting them in CP33 is actually more profitable than planting them(obviously) or leaving them fallow.
    This podcast goes into depth a little more about it!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/474...TYuQPni0k09CHg

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I will listen to it.

Why don't more farmers in SC do it then? There has to be downfalls.

Farmers (most) intend to make crops, not bush hog all summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Farmers (most) intend to make crops, not bush hog all summer.
    Why would they bush hog all summer? The point is creating better quail habitat and lessening their inputs .

I will listen to it.

Because most people are afraid of CRP contracts because they are complicated, that’s where our Farm Bill Bios come in handy. Also, most farmers have the mentality that an unplanted acre is less yield thus less money in their pocket.

10-4. Would love to talk to a farmer that does it. If I go to this guy with promise of govt programs and a podcast, I will be shut down quickly.

10-4. Would love to talk to a farmer that does it. If I go to this guy with promise of govt programs and a podcast, I will be shut down quickly.
    Completely agree! And there’s the main issue with why most folks are apprehensive about it!

I will listen to it.

My uncle in Pamplico just got done going through this on some of his land. I belive he worked with NRCS. They paid him money to thin trees and plant "polinators and brood habitat". He said the money for thinning the trees was good but the money for planting the polinators was not much more than the cost of the seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Why would they bush hog all summer? The point is creating better quail habitat and lessening their inputs .

Lessening inputs by lessening farmed acres isn’t very good math for a farmer. I’m signing up a farm I own with all class 2 soils in CRP right now. CRP pays 33% more than the farm rent, so no need to explain the need or benefits to me. Farmers don’t sign up CRP unless it benefits them, and it rarely does.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Where is a chart of the different soil types?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Guilty as charged! So much for reading kompreheshon at 0530 this morning...

Fred Sanford.jpg