Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridge taken out by cargo ship in Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I don't know anything about cargo ships or harbors or anything else related to this, but why the hell wouldn't tug boats be guiding that ship under a bridge like that?
    Various reasons. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I don't know anything about cargo ships or harbors or anything else related to this, but why the hell wouldn't tug boats be guiding that ship under a bridge like that?
    To make the products they deliver to us cost less.

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    Various reasons. Hope that helps
    Tremendously, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Back thrusters, I like that. I am sure when the ship regained power he was astern full. Ships like that don't stop like your jon boat. It may take a half mile or more to bring that ship from 8kts to dead stop and if the current is going with the ship it needs to be running faster than the current to maintain steerage. Looks like a perfect storm.

A ship got plowed up on Drum Island in the 80s that probably would have done the same thing to the old bridge.

Hopefully one or two of the real experts on here will weigh in and what probably happened.
    Last edited by Southernduck; 03-26-2024 at 09:44 AM. Reason: piss poor spelling
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Back thrusters, I like that. I am sure when the ship gained power he was aster full. Ships like that don't stop like your jon boat. It may take a half mile or more to bring that ship from 8kts to dead stop and if the current is going with the ship it needs to be running faster than the current to maintain steerage. Looks like a perfect storm.

A ship got plowed up on Drum Island in the 80s that probably would have done the same thing to the old bridge.

Hopefully one or two of the real experts on here will weigh in and what probably happened.

Silentweapon will let us know what really happened once he checks with all his sources
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Back thrusters, I like that. I am sure when the ship gained power he was aster full. Ships like that don't stop like your jon boat. It may take a half mile or more to bring that ship from 8kts to dead stop and if the current is going with the ship it needs to be running faster than the current to maintain steerage. Looks like a perfect storm.

I don’t mess with ships so I’m sure I butchered that. It was taken verbatim from the article I read. So if I was lead astray I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    No need for all this ugliness.
    ha
    its only ugly when he's in it...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ha
    its only ugly when he's in it...
    Now please, how you gonna see me? I haven't tried to drive it like a boat, but I doubt it would do much good. Next thing you're gonna do is get on me about being clean or dirty. Rick said it was dirty, the tires stick out the wheel well, and through dirt mud on the side. I gave it a batch before going to the Gator cup. Everyone wanted to know where the "mud" was on it??? Regardless It would be more collateral damage, if I made it through Baltimore.

Good gracious some of y'all cant read. I said I would wait. It appears by all accounts it is a mechanical issue.

Now if you want a conspiracy, and Silent Weapon isnt delivering. Glenn Beck brought up the war ship that hit another ship while seeming to loose control, and the sub that hit a known structure all in the South China Sea. I didn't say I agree, I just pointed out what Mr Beck said.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-26-2024 at 10:25 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Back thrusters, I like that. I am sure when the ship regained power he was astern full. Ships like that don't stop like your jon boat. It may take a half mile or more to bring that ship from 8kts to dead stop and if the current is going with the ship it needs to be running faster than the current to maintain steerage. Looks like a perfect storm.

scbulldog already has, see his post above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I apologize.

SHOOT, I think this is first time this phrase ever been used on SCD ???????????????????????

Maurice Levy is already got a few of the potential Plaintiffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Now please, how you gonna see me? I haven't tried to drive it like a boat, but I doubt it would do much good. Next thing you're gonna do is get on me about being clean or dirty. Rick said it was dirty, the tires stick out the wheel well, and through dirt mud on the side. I gave it a batch before going to the Gator cup. Everyone wanted to know where the "mud" was on it??? Regardless It would be more collateral damage, if I made it through Baltimore.

Good gracious some of y'all cant read. I said I would wait. It appears by all accounts it is a mechanical issue.

Now if you want a conspiracy, and Silent Weapon isnt delivering. Glenn Beck brought up the war ship that hit another ship while seeming to loose control, and the sub that hit a known structure all in the South China Sea. I didn't say I agree, I just pointed out what Mr Beck said.
    i comprehended. you walked yours back appropriately. others, not so much...

and utvs should have mud on them....

My daughter agrees. We have to cut the block at least twice every evening or it isnt a day. I let her drive most of the time. They like picking the radish to see who can get the biggest. She will try and get into some of the mud in the plowed up fields. Yesterday I was easing up to keep up with them while they were outside. She got back inside and let me know I didn't have it in 4 wheel drive......
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

ha.
    enjoy those moments...

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Tugted should be along shortly to give us all the details.

I just read where the ship put out a mayday call. Because of that the police were able to get cars stopped before crossing the bridge. Obviously there were some still on the bridge, but it could have been a lot worse.

Good to talk, see you out there!