Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridge taken out by cargo ship in Baltimore

Default Bridge taken out by cargo ship in Baltimore

Just saw something on news about a dang cargo ship taking out an entire bridge ??

Divers looking for survivors if any

https://www.wyff4.com/article/cargo-...lapse/60303020
    Last edited by tprice; 03-26-2024 at 04:47 AM.

Its bad! Prayers to all involved. Lord please help the rescue teams find any survivors quickly!!!

Here is the X video if you dont want to see ads on the news feed.
    https://x.com/MarioNawfal/status/177...188465916?s=20

I''m waiting to hear if it is intentional or not. It appears from the video someone drives it strait into one of the support structures. In other words it isnt that the ship was too tall and clipped the bridge. It just plows into a main beam!!!!

Baltimore has gone to hell.

And it is sorta metaphoric for our demise as a country. It was the Francis Scott Key Bridge. The man who wrote the Star Spangled Banner.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Horrible situation. There is no indication that it was a terrorist act. They are saying the ship lost power and therefore the ability to steer. Prayers to all those involved.

According to that video it didn't look like any vehicles were on the bridge at time of impact. Which would be a blessing in itself. Definitely no time to react if they were on bridge.

Those flashing yellow lights appear to be construction/ road crews working on the bridge. As quick as it fell there was zero time to react. Crazy to think how many pass under the Charleston bridges daily without much room to spare.

cant we let the waves settle before the conspiracy stuff starts? or is that our default mode these days?

Trump 24
    FJB
    Qdrop
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

That's why they created those big rock islands that the pylons sit on for the Ravenel Bridge (Cooper River Bridge to us locals). The old bridges got hit by a ship many years ago.

Boston tug companies are probably going to get more work because they will probably now be required to accompany ships all the way to the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    cant we let the waves settle before the conspiracy stuff starts? or is that our default mode these days?

Trump 24
    FJB
    Qdrop
    I did say I was going to wait to see if it was intentional or not.....

I have not consulted the all knowing Maha-Qee, yet!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

cant you drive your new fangled utv up there and help out?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

185 feet to the water at the highest point... 2 survivors rescued and at least 7 missing at latest report.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Lot of Trump legal experts about to turn into harbor pilots on SC Ducks…

That thing fell like Jenga blocks. Woulda never guessed it would collapse like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    cant you drive your new fangled utv up there and help out?
    No need for all this ugliness.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Looks like it was 1:30am so hopefully few vehicles were on the bridge. Economic impact of this is going to be massive. I would imagine several ships are stuck above the bridge and will be there for a bit until they can clear the channel. Business interruption claims going to be massive (and probably not covered by anyone).
    cut\'em

The news this morning said there were two pilots aboard who had just released their tugs. Also, when that same ship came into the harbor, it stopped, paused, or had issues while going under the bridge. Insert conspiracy theory here. I, for one, will cling to Hanlon's Razor for now. Carry on, MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 03-26-2024 at 08:47 AM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I did say I was going to wait to see if it was intentional or not.....

I have not consulted the all knowing Maha-Qee, yet!
    Sorry silent. This one was mechanical failure according to the news. You can see the ship losing power twice in the video. When it came back on the black smoke rolling out says he hit the back thrusters as hard as he could. Then power went right back out.

I don't know anything about cargo ships or harbors or anything else related to this, but why the hell wouldn't tug boats be guiding that ship under a bridge like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I don't know anything about cargo ships or harbors or anything else related to this, but why the hell wouldn't tug boats be guiding that ship under a bridge like that?
    Same thoughts