Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bridge taken out by cargo ship in Baltimore

Sorry for the situation but that picture got a big laugh out of me

Same thing happened to the sunshine skyway when I was a kid. It was raining so hard you couldn't see to drive and a tanker hit the bridge support. 35 people died.

For you wanting a dose of conspiracy! Here you go!

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Very sad what happened.

I've been around.
    Usually tugs will run alongside or behind a ship until there are no more turns to be made. No lines attached after leaving the berth. They would have gotten on the side, nosed into the hull & pushed it towards safe direction. Baltimore Harb. tide was still going out, it was around full moon so big tides, current lessened since low was @ 0200, ship would have had to be going several mph faster than tide to have steerage (able rudder to make ship turn appropriately) & at that speed tugs following would have had a tough time catching up in time to assist if they were following. These ships are as long as what John Force has to run each weekend. Doubt a tug would normally run beside a ship approaching that bridge. Old bridges' openings aren't too wide.
    Most container ships have generators & a main propulsion engine. Main engine requires generators supplying power to run fuel pumps, other auxiliaries & the new damn computers telling it all what to do. Seeing the lights go out a few times indicates the poor bastards in the engine room had major issues keeping the power supply up. (lights going on/off)
    Each time the power got restored, they would have had to restart the main engine which is directly connected to propeller shaft. To reverse, the engine has to be stopped, cams shifted and then restarted. Not an Indy Car fast sequence. Ya see a bunch of black smoke, that's a restart, not a good one for todays standards but more than likely a restart with a full astern bell (request from bridge) which dumps full fuel to cylinders and only minimal air due to turbochargers not spooled up giving enough air to make it burn cleanly. Too late in this case to slow, stop & reverse ship's progress.
    Initially, poor boat driving, once engine issues began the boat drivers may not have immediately requested astern bell, tug assist &/or drop anchors (both if going more than a few mph but that would cause a major clusterfk). Harbor & docking pilots &/or Captain thought their $hit don't stink, which is usual, they are awesome, just ask one. Behind those attitudes (which is industry wide), the Charter Company has budget restrictions, the foreign operators are deathly afraid to question so some equipment may not be quite up to standards. Often management has folks in the mix that have zero associated experience dictating policy to the ship operators. But auxiliaries will have an awesome coat of paint on them so any Port State Control folks will not be alerted to its possible poor condition. Logs are kept but may not reflect everything. Engine room failures happen. Even on the ships run by stellar Union Engineers!
    There is always a 'hurry up', 'time is $' push to load/unload, get off the dock, get by with minimal tug assist, get the pilot off going on that the ship's crew is the one to blame for any extra pennies spent. There are regs, but only follow the ones that do not incur more expenses or we will find someone else to run things who can.

Reading a few articles, if the ship had maneuvering issues inbound then that would have been a major red flag to have tug lines remain connected maneuvering out until several test bells could be performed. That would have required the Chief requesting it to the Captain… An inquiry will ensue, some info will be forthcoming, lots won’t. Big $ rolls on. Sad what happened.

I believe this backs up your point about the propulsion issues.
    https://gcaptain.com/breaking-mv-dal...more-incident/

Now back to conspiracy theories!!!!

Guess where the captain is from?

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    I believe this backs up your point about the propulsion issues.
    https://gcaptain.com/breaking-mv-dal...more-incident/

Now back to conspiracy theories!!!!

Guess where the captain is from?

Is this picture from the passport that magically made it through the inferno and was located among the rubble of 500,000 ton of rubble? Or am i conflating my coincidences?
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

wait...are you conspiring against a conspiracy theory? is that even possible?

i cant even fathom what goes through y'alls minds at a time like this...other than lots of extraneous made up bullshit.
    why not just sit in front of your computer, hundreds of miles away, and wait?
    yes, wait. wait for more info and such before jumping into this same old song and dance.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

nope, I was saying that is suspect, and making a reference to other events that people are still trying to convince themselves to believe the implausible.

You do you; believe that nothing is anything other than what it is purported to be, I'll do the opposite and scrutinized everything as if it was coming from someone who had lied to me for the entirety of my existence. We can compare notes in the afterlife to see whose way was more effective.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

^ re-read my first line. I think i was agreeing with you.

However, I will not pass judgment on any theory this early. Thats all I'm saying. I dont mind being skeptical but occam's razor comes to mind...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What Simpsons episode was this on?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It was in Obammys recent movie

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    wait...are you conspiring against a conspiracy theory? is that even possible?

i cant even fathom what goes through y'alls minds at a time like this...other than lots of extraneous made up bullshit.
    why not just sit in front of your computer, hundreds of miles away, and wait?
    yes, wait. wait for more info and such before jumping into this same old song and dance.
    OK, so here is one for you. Several of the same dudes that helped start the color revolution and work for the Ukrainian "Special Services" turned up at J6. Now that is fact. The question is what were they doing at J6, I seriously doubt it was to help convince Pence to send the ballots back to the states.

These guys showed up with the Shamin and several other promenade figures. Yet, they were never caught and never have been to jail.

So let's extrapolate that just a little. Ukraine was a hot bed for Biden activity. With in short order Biden would be sending billon s to Ukraine. Would it not be to far fetched to think the Ukrainians showed up to help frame the "insurrection narrative?"

If you can make that leap, then everything that brain dead, kid sniffing, ice cream licking, baffoon since then would be to tear down this country. Where shall I start. The green manurer, the shutting down of our energy, the inflation, the food processing plants mysteriously all catching fire, the chicken plants burnin up.....on and on.

So what if this dude was sent to just help expedite the crippling of our country? That bridge apparently is a major artery for explosive materials and hazardous goods that would take for ever to ship other routs?

SO if your goal is to destroy the country just keep cutting us 1 cut at a time till we are bled dry?

Far fetched I know, but I just wanted to bring conspiracy!

It's either that or keep sending you txt! I did get it dirty this am riding around looking at property, but I just finished cleaning it up! Waiting on it to dry so I can put some tire shine on it!
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-27-2024 at 01:24 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    What Simpsons episode was this on?

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Is this picture from the passport that magically made it through the inferno and was located among the rubble of 500,000 ton of rubble? Or am i conflating my coincidences?

What inferno???

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowman View Post
    What inferno???
    He is referencing the World Trade Center.

They place was so hot they couldn't get to the bottom for months, yet some how they found the passports of 1 of the teroist it may have been more I dont recall
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

How do you have time to ingest and regurgitate such large amounts of horseshit when they haven’t even found the bodies yet? Give it a rest.

I say this almost daily on this.

Yall need to smoke some weed and chill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Lot of tinfoil hat wearing people on here & social media.

Shame we can't trust the mainstream media enough to know what really happened.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

After learning more about the genesis of Covid, J6, Trump Dossier, BLM riots, Nord stream bombing, Ukraine clusterfuck, etc…

there is no way the CiA was involved.
    Windows Down!