Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hank Parker on Forward Facing Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    Since we have so many experts in here on FFS, I just have one question. How many of you have bought it, installed it on your boat, and have spent the time it takes to become proficient in its use.
    Eddie do yourself a favor and don’t get caught up with these idiots. They are just proven facts that their lack of success is what makes them miserable and they look for everything to blame except themselves. Go use the shit out the live scope at the end of the day we have limits and stuff so don’t worry about it. I can promise you have these people complaining ain’t got the sense God gave a fruit gnat and could never figure it out. Also just another reason they are miserable keep doing you!! Hope you catch a ton of them and feed your family for months!
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Eddie do yourself a favor and don’t get caught up with these idiots. They are just proven facts that their lack of success is what makes them miserable and they look for everything to blame except themselves. Go use the shit out the live scope at the end of the day we have limits and stuff so don’t worry about it. I can promise you have these people complaining ain’t got the sense God gave a fruit gnat and could never figure it out. Also just another reason they are miserable keep doing you!! Hope you catch a ton of them and feed your family for months!
    Appreciate it Ryan. I should have known better than to even reply to this thread. All you ever get is mostly key board warriors who have never even seen or used livescope. I don't hunt like I used to, but I do enjoy spending my time these days fishing. I am probably more resource conscious than the vast majority of these guys. Bottom line, we all use new technogies that are available to us in our outdoor pursuits. I will keep using my FFS and enjoy it everyday I am on the water.
    E T

Anybody still pull a Roffers report? I know sat radio can get it straight to your screen and over layer on your machine. But seemed like a helluva great idea in the 90s to know where the water was before you rode around all day.... things change for sure.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

I think they should not let them in the high school tournaments. It’s definitely an unfair advantage for the rich kids.

I just came here to say FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I just came here to say FFS!

Well done, sir. First quality post in this thread. More butthurt in here than a preparation H factory.

You need at least two 12 inch screens on the front. One for FFS and one for watching football on Saturdays.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

^^^ $190, 000 bass boat

60k in electronics and not a word about a booming system. WTH.

I ain’t gonna lie, I’m glad I quit dibbling around in tournament fishing 10 years ago. The gadgets they make now to put on bass boats is something else. I don’t have an opinion of FFS, but as long as whatever companies are making it are big sponsors of BASS, MLF, and whatever other organizations there are in professional fishing, it isn’t going anywhere. Like it or not.

I don't keep up with the bass fishing world but a tourney with the Pros in jon boats with just a plain depthfinder would be interesting.

i dont know what any of this shit is but you damn sure dont need a boom box in your glitter boat blaring Guns and Roses. You're annoying enough without the noise.

and hank parker said a lot of kids using this technology dont know how to fish. so, i'm with hank parker.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

glitter boats and carpet is just weird
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Anybody still pull a Roffers report? I know sat radio can get it straight to your screen and over layer on your machine. But seemed like a helluva great idea in the 90s to know where the water was before you rode around all day.... things change for sure.
    I remember pulling them back then. In a past job my boss sent me to some offshore fishing workshops... one of them I got like two free reports.

I don't care for ffs, I don't have it.. I have a depth finder on my jon that's it.. but I don't care about chasing big mouth bass, just rockfish on top. It makes my heart warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Roffs, RipCharts, Omniscan, GPS, Spotlock, CMOR, Strike Lines. All of them are tech but routine now.

I wish CMOR and Strikelines cost $10k. It is a double edge sword, you still need to know how to fish, but knowing where got a lot easier.

I hope they never scan inshore of the ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    glitter boats and carpet is just weird
    Yep, but so is Sea Deck all over a CC.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Just because we have the legal technology like FFS to catch fish doesn't mean it's "fishing". We have gotten so far away from "fair chase" with cellular trail cameras, drones, spinning wing decoys, night vision, among many other technological gadgets.

I've seen FFS turn a mere average fisherman into a cooler filling machine. I can see it appealing to kids because it's like playing a video game and satisfies their need for constant stimulation and instant gratification.
    No one is concerned about the future it all about what they can get now. Our natural resources will be raped due to “opportunity”
    80-20 Genaration

I think the rule still applies 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish...Resources or not, you still have the learn and be efficient using FFS, the fish don't just jump in the boat. I have the Lowrance AT on my boat and have been using it for 3 years or so. I will admit, it is a great tool and another added advantage to helping locate fish not just catch fish. I like to fish for striper and troll for crappie so I use the FFS to locate fish and eliminate "dead" water, that's it for me. I don't have the sore neck syndrome.
    "run and gun guide service"

Hell I would be happy if the sorry ass bass fishermen would learn to have just a LITTLE respect for other boaters. Fuckers are worse than duck hunters on a WMA!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.