Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hank Parker on Forward Facing Sonar

All I use mine for is crappie fishing. Right now it's casting to roaming fish in open water. In the summer it's casting to fish on brush. I have seen brush on lakes with hundreds and hundreds of crappies on it. Normally you can catch 3, 4,or 5, and the bite just shuts down on that brush. I watched a podcast with a wildlife biologist a couple weeks ago talking about crappies. The average black crappie hen will lay between 50,000 to 180,000 eggs each spring. The average survival rate is right at 50 percent. He was not worried at all about overfishing any body of water with black crappies. They are more concerned with over crowded waters since they are such prolific breeders. He did not expect FFS to have any impact on crappie populations.
    E T

At the end of the day bass fishermen are pimping out a resource for a dick measuring contest and a small check.

Quote Originally Posted by catahouladogs View Post
    At the end of the day the traveling duck hunters are pimping out a resource for a dick measuring contest and a Facebook picture.
    Fify

At the end of the day 80% of the bass are released to be caught again.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-27-2024 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Fify

At the end of the day 80% of the bass are released to be caught again.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    So you’re into torturing fish. Is that it?

no one cares about the fishes feelings...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    no one cares about the fishes feelings...
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    So you’re into torturing fish. Is that it?
    I've read (but not validated) that catch and release fishing is illegal in Germany or Switzerland for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    All I use mine for is crappie fishing. Right now it's casting to roaming fish in open water. In the summer it's casting to fish on brush. I have seen brush on lakes with hundreds and hundreds of crappies on it. Normally you can catch 3, 4,or 5, and the bite just shuts down on that brush. I watched a podcast with a wildlife biologist a couple weeks ago talking about crappies. The average black crappie hen will lay between 50,000 to 180,000 eggs each spring. The average survival rate is right at 50 percent. He was not worried at all about overfishing any body of water with black crappies. They are more concerned with over crowded waters since they are such prolific breeders. He did not expect FFS to have any impact on crappie populations.
    Damn that is good to know. I was wondering about the effect, if any, of people targeting slabs. I do know crappie tend to be prolific breeders so not really worried about the population. In a pond setting that can literally take over if not kept in balance.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.