Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drainage issue in yard...help!

If you do decide to purchase, make sure to get the moisture checked in the crawl space / under the house before signing on the dotted line. Also, is it City / County sewage or septic (potential drain field issues)?

You’re gonna need that pantry to store the all the drywall mud, caulk and mold killer it will take to maintain that Mungolow.

Looks like a good spot to grow rice...

Raising the back will only push the surface water issue closer to this Pinterest Dream House. Unless, of course, hydrology works different down there in yankeeland.

I'd pass on the house.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-27-2024 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Unless, of course, hydrology works different down there in yankeeland.
    There are no drainage issues in the LC. Dont you have any real estate agent friends to teach you this stuff?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Good lord the skeeters you will have.

Quote Originally Posted by HT View Post
    If you do decide to purchase, make sure to get the moisture checked in the crawl space / under the house BEFORE signing on the dotted line. Also, is it City / County sewage or septic (potential drain field issues)?
    This is key. We had ours checked by a licensed inspector but still discovered a big problem after several tropical storms dumped inches of rain the fall we purchased the house. 8k later and we have it fixed, but I will do all in my power to avoid that headache again.

Reminds of "She's crazy and has 7 kids, but man she is pretty".

Quote Originally Posted by mrtroy4man View Post
    The house is bad to the bone.
    This is exactly the sort of dumb shit I'd expect out of you. But fear not. Just because you're stupid doesn't mean I won't help.

If you were to put in some sort of drainage pipe, which direction would you send the water? Is there curb and gutter in front of the house? Is there a curb inlet at the road in front of the house? Shit like that matters. If not, you've got to take that fence down, import sand, and put the fence back up. But for that to work, you've got to have enough fall from the slab elevation to that corner of the yard. Meanwhile, you've got a couple boys running around with long hair. They look like girls. WTF is wrong with you?

Save the money you would otherwise use on the down payment and go buy yourself a hamburger at Hall's Chophouse. Use the rest on haircuts.
    Last edited by Fish; 03-27-2024 at 10:56 AM.

First time I've ever read/heard a dude use a pantry as a reason for wanting a house.

This world has left us behind, Woodrow.

mrTroy--I'm on your side.
    Do your due diligence and buy the house if its what you and the missus want.

the corp came in my yard and those along my street to do some work years ago. (its an easement near the interstate). I already owned the house. Now, I have a low lying area that stays wet in my back yard. You know what I did? Not shit.

hope this helps.
    oh and FISH is mean.

I, too, like a decent pantry.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

but i totally agree on the haircut thing
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hire an Inspector and tell them to pull a Cabinet Base in the Kitchen and Check for Mold, bet it is grown in there. The amount of Hydrostatic Pressure in that neighborhood is off the chart. Had an issue in a house there that an Engineer drill Core Samples in the Foundation. Water during a 20 day dry spell was 2 inches from the coming out of the holes, and when it rained the house flooded. The house sat on a pad that was 6" higher than the yard and sloped away as well. RUN!

Without over thinking it, the fence is obviously acting as a dam. Have seller correct this obvious issue and see what happens.

You buy that house you got drain bamage.