Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife needs new SUV, suggestions ?

2nd Gen Toyota Sequoia Limited or Platinum. Regular oil changes and gas and not much else. Independent rear suspension makes the ride nice and selectable 4WD vs full-time on Land Cruiser. I am on my third 2nd gen and had three 1st gens before. 1st Gen has more personality and looks but the 2nd gen is waaaay more vehicle and engine. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Go drive the Wagoneer. It is a game changer in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toyota Grand Highlander. Close thread.

You said nothing Dodge related, but if you don't go check out a Wagoneer you're missing out big time.

Toyota Rav 4, highlander. Or honda pilot. Best options on the market

Same position here a couple months ago. Wife wanted a Highlander so that is what she is driving. She wanted to down size a little but we didn’t fit in the four runner
    Last edited by centurian; 03-23-2024 at 09:06 PM.

Another vote on Honda Pilot here. We have a 2016 and its a fantastic car. I would buy another one in a heartbeat. Lots of power, pretty fun to drive, really comfortable. When running highway speeds (55 to 65) and turning on its Eco Mode, I have seen it average 28.5 mpg on a trip from Monroe to Wilmington once. It sits at 24.5 mpg all the time for us and thats with some Charlotte traffic driving mixed in with interstate back to Columbia etc. The Acura MDX is the same vehicle with some fancier trim, so that should be looked at as well if you want the more premium set ups. We test drove one of those too and the Pilot just came out to a better deal financially was all.

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    Toyota Rav 4, highlander. Or honda pilot. Best options on the market
    Girlfriend has a RAV4. Great car and great mileage but it’s really small.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

My wife has had good results with BMW.

I know because I pay all the repair costs. So far with 2, I've paid 0 for repairs.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Honda Pilot still has a timing belt if I remember correctly, so there is that baked in replacement cost when it gets some miles on it.

GX460- we bought a couple years used and they are a great value

I had no idea about the honda timing belt. Yall got me researching last night. My wifes pilot has 154k on it. I need to do that asap
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

My wife just got a new 4Runner to replace the Highlander she's been driving for years. The Highlander has been a good car but the 4Runner is a much nicer, quieter ride. Highlander is a unibody car with no real chassis so road noise is harder to isolate. The 4Runner sits on a frame like a truck and just feels more substantial and is a lot quieter. It's a bit taller but she drives downtown Charleston and needs some ground clearance due to the flooding.

I inherited her last 4Runner years ago. I went from a Ford Ranger truck to the SUV very reluctantly but after driving it for a while, I was duly impressed with it. It did everything I asked of it and was a nice ride and damn reliable.

If the one she’s got is running fine I’d tell her to keep driving that one.

Honda pilot or passport. I know of a few older pilots being used as hunting vehicles. And they just keep going.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

4runner

BMW X 3,4,5,6,7 depending on budget.
    Low country redneck who moved north

My wife has a 2020 sequoia platinum and she loves it. Had a 4Runner before she loved. Only reason we upgraded I was too fat pre heart attack, so I wanted more room to move the seat back. 4Runner isn’t the best with 2 car seats but based off her age I think you’re safe there. I love the sequoia way better than the 4Runner as it has selectable 4wd unlike 4Runner. So turning radius is way better as well. Biggest gripe with it is smaller gas tank size.

I have a Lexus GX460 for a work vehicle. It is extremely smooth and comfortable. Even AWD and it’s still great and turns really well. Better than the 4Runner. Either one would be a solid choice. If you don’t need 3rd row with toting grandkids or big family around I’d suggest GX, although not much difference in mpg or turning. GX does require premium fuel so there’s that added cost

All of these threads should be required to state that Toyota/Lexus are the most mechanically reliable vehicles on the market. Honda is darn close. Given that information, my family doesn’t own a vehicle built by either of those companies.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Go drive the Wagoneer. It is a game changer in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No offense but I would not be caught dead i one

Keep trying to nudge her that direction , in fact would like to see her get a brand new Pilot but she is a hard headed female

Actually have a Salesman from local Toyota as client and a GM from Nissan place as well.

Hell may be hard prying her out of that Tahoe , she bitches about it but then says she had just soon keep it.
    Last edited by tprice; 03-24-2024 at 06:23 PM.