Thread: Agriculture exemption??

Default Agriculture exemption??

So I just sent my 24.00 in to try and get my agriculture exemption card for my "farm". If I am approved:

I plan to buy a metal building. I plan to use this card to save paying sales tax.

What's the pros and cons of saving this estimated 1300.00 tax?
    Last edited by mudflat; 03-22-2024 at 02:22 PM.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Exemption, damn auto correct.

I can't think of any cons....unless you like paying taxes.

DM me your number and I’ll be happy to explain the ground rules of it. But as CurLee stated very few cons.
    Last edited by Heybo_Hater; 03-22-2024 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I can't think of any cons....unless you like paying taxes.

I agree, if you qualify for it why not go to the small amount of trouble to have it

We have a lot of clients w farms I think most all have that , main time it really helps is with major equipment purchases
    Last edited by tprice; 03-23-2024 at 05:57 AM.

It’ll surprise you how many items are tax exempt at different locations. If you shop at Tractor Supply or Agri supply, make sure you let them know you have the card. They will log it into their system and it will automatically deduct sales tax on items that qualify.

Tractor Supply is a joke on what’s tax exempt and what’s not.

Lowes and Home Depot accept SCATE cards as well as Amazon

My local feed and seed pressured me into getting mine because they were already giving the tax free discount and apparently the state cracked down on making people show proof they had the cards. I've run into no trouble using it except that it held up the long slow line at the register when the lady at Tractor Supply tried to self teach herself how to enter the info.

Amazon accepts it? Dang! I guess I need to get them set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Tractor Supply is a joke on what’s tax exempt and what’s not.

Lowes and Home Depot accept SCATE cards as well as Amazon
    I did not know lowes and Home Depot did that. Thanks for that heads up.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

At Lowe's you need to take card to the front desk and theyll enter it in. Needs to be done every ten days.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    At Lowe's you need to take card to the front desk and theyll enter it in. Needs to be done every ten days.
    Nah set it up online. Last until expiration date on card. Provide phone number at check out

I also plan to feed my poultry whole corn to help their egg production. They get hungry come August.

Before the Scate card all you needed was your farm number for tax exemption.........IT WAS FREE SETUP................Them some gov. A_H comes along with the "Let's charge Em" for a tax exempt status card"..........And they did,.............Still . I've saved lots using mine.

I do know if you buy a SxS or 4 wheeler for your farm, legit use, not just a toy. It will only knock 500$ off the entire cost no matter how much it cost. They capped it.

However, if you go to NC, they still honor SC's farmers and you get the whole tax removed.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

What else may I be missing for my new "farm"? I mean I've had this place for a few years and just now heard about this tax exemption. Was pricing buildings and guy hands me this older form and said fill this out and you won't pay taxes on it. It got my wheels to rolling as they say.
    Pole Cat Creek Farm
    Finest free range chicken producing land in Cherokee county. I think coyotes keep eating them though. Could I have got my recent thermal scope purchase tax free?
    Tax write offs?
    Stroking that 3k check to the IRS this year cause I have no deductions now has got me "relentlessly" thinking how I can fuck the system!

I dont know about tax free, but you can write it off. If you find a dealer willing to do It I suspect you could. But I know you can on taxes, and NV. Guns are a no go, unless it is a package deal. The way it was explained to me. Now ask the same question to 5 CPA's and I bet you get 5 different answers.

I've been trying to figure out how to expense my clays. Target practice for said varmints?
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot