Thread: Pulsar Talion XQ38 vs AGM RattlerV2 25-256 thermals

Default Pulsar Talion XQ38 vs AGM RattlerV2 25-256 thermals

Anyone got any opinions here?

No, but if you want to look through that Rattler next weekend, I'll be in your area. Nice unit for the money. Up close hunting can't beat it.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    No, but if you want to look through that Rattler next weekend, I'll be in your area. Nice unit for the money. Up close hunting can't beat it.
    That is what I was thinking. Not sure it's worth the extra $1000.

If you are just shooting hogs at feeders then the 256 will be fine. If you want to coyote hunt or shoot hogs out in fields then go with the 384. It’s not really a fair comparison bc the 384 will be better at everything. Look at the RIX leap3. They seem to have worked out most of the bugs now.

There is a lot better options out there for right around the same money than those two. The Rix L3 mentioned above uses 18650 batteries and that's a big plus. Iray has the Bolt 25 and 35 around those prices as well. Both those have a 5 year warranty and 5 - 10 business days turn around... the Iray is 5 and the Rix is 10 if I'm not mistaken on warranty work. Rix has some other scopes that aren't tube scopes as well... haven't seen them in person but they get good reviews.

Check out Hansetx on YouTube. They have lots of different reviews and comparisons on their channel. Plus, you can call them and talk to them.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 03-23-2024 at 08:08 AM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Check out Hansetx on YouTube. I have lots of different reviews and comparisons on their channel. Plus, you can call them and talk to them.
    The late night vision show on youtube is the channel for Outdoor Legacy Gear where Hans works. Their reviews are pretty spot on with all the scopes I've looked at. You can often find them elsewhere for a little better price. They all show MAP pricing but some sell below if you call them instead of ordering online.

Thanks Gentlemen