Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Millaree Hunt Club

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    In every neighborhood I have developed, just after people move into their house, they don't want any further development.
    I was in Luther’s in Beaufort having a drink recently. I overheard this Yankee woman talking about how she missed the old Beaufort before all the Yankees moved here. She’d lived here less than 8 years.

“The development is crazy”
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I will ask it again. Be specific please.
    Ah how about saving fucking swampland that was never going to be developed anyhow. Nothing was accomplished but a shitload of money being wasted
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

The story I got on how all this went down, could be or could not be 100% correct. What I was told....group buys land, club is is told get out, group sells credits, does easement and then turns it over.

I have little knowledge of how the mitigation credits work but is there that much $ in them for the group to make a substantial profit (has to be, right)? I assume said group had assures they would be awarded the mitigation and easement stuff prior to purchase? Can I also assume a hefty percentage of the funds (not including mitigation $) used to return this land back to its original state will public?
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 03-21-2024 at 12:34 PM.

I have no knowledge of this deal but the relationships between government officials, conservation organizations, land brokers and big pocket industrial boondoggles in deals like this are often incestuous to say the least.
    DILLIGAF

Think that's crazy? The marsh in Edisto from Big Bay Creek, to St. Pierre, to the river, used to be "state land". Some group sent a fella to London for a.couple.of years to do the research, came back and took the state to court to get said land back. That land being Mud Creek and the marsh. Turns out it was all kings grant. Why the he'll would you go through all that trouble you ask? Conservation land mitigation credit stuffs. Now, those people can sell it for $$$$ to "offset" some sort of other project. Tell me wat they are protecting from development there?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Think that's crazy? The marsh in Edisto from Big Bay Creek, to St. Pierre, to the river, used to be "state land". Some group sent a fella to London for a.couple.of years to do the research, came back and took the state to court to get said land back. That land being Mud Creek and the marsh. Turns out it was all kings grant. Why the he'll would you go through all that trouble you ask? Conservation land mitigation credit stuffs. Now, those people can sell it for $$$$ to "offset" some sort of other project. Tell me wat they are protecting from development there?
    Are you talking about the marsh Edisto Island Open Land Trust owns at The Neck? If so, that's not what happened.
    DILLIGAF

I'm not. Not sure how you got there from my directions. Literally all the marsh you see.from the marina, up the river, down st. Pierre to.fishing creek and back around to big bay.
    Last edited by willk; 03-21-2024 at 04:25 PM.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

Gotcha. County GIS suggests no one owns that. Must be waiting on a court order and deed.
    DILLIGAF

Some group in Georgia. My brother in law used to lease it from the state, then lost it and now has it again for oyster picking.

The South Carolina Conservation Bank has provided funding for:

Acres available for full public access: 88,070 – 66,786 acres of these lands are now owned by DNR and are WMAs.
    Including:
    Acres available for urban parks: 11,088
    Acres available for historic sites: 730
    Acres available for farmland: 1,491

Acres available for limited public access: 98,688

Including:
    Acres available for campsites: 16,567
    Acres available for youth hunts: 4,505
    Acres available for farmland: 6,034

Total acres with public access: 186,760

64% of the Conservation Bank grants acres have significant public access. 43% of which have full public access. 79% of the Conservation Bank funds have been expended on these grants.

Conservation banks generally protect threatened or endangered species habitat or other sensitive resources, while mitigation banks conserve existing, restored, enhanced, or created wetland habitats that may also provide habitat for listed species.

Mitigation could be seen as contributing to the increasing cost of land because some mitigation work requires that large amounts of land be purchased or put into conservation easements. Mitigation can therefore compete with other rural land uses such as agriculture and residential development.

One stop” permit compliance including habitat protection, long-term management, maintenance, and monitoring. More efficient. This means a permittee can likely satisfy mitigation requirements faster buying a credit than creating Permittee Responsible Mitigation.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.