Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweatmans BBQ

Default Sweatmans BBQ

Whats up with Sweatmans. Stopped by last week and hadnt been in there in a while, maybe 3 years.

No more buffet? Food was ho hum and seemed pretty expensive for what I got. Had a side with mine and they might have given me a childs spoon size of mac and cheese. Also banana pudding was $3 for a small cup. Heard they are cooking with gas now. Did it change ownership recently or is this bc of covid.

Change in ownership several years back...Mr Bub passed away and direct family wanted no part of it anymore. Hasn't been worth a damn in prob'ly 15 years.

I miss their hash. Not Duckman great hash, but 50X better than Sikes hash...

I always enjoyed their bbq and especially their hash. Haven't been in 5 years or so. Thanks for saving me the trip.

I was not a fan of their hash...tasted like it came out of a Chef Boyardee can. But, I was raised on Dukes hash.

Now their pan of bark/dark meat was where it was at....
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-18-2024 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    I was not a fan of their hash...tasted like it came out of a Chef Boyardee can. But, I was raised on Dukes hash...
    Have you had Dukes hash lately?

Trash. We went in there on Saturday toward end of deer season. Chicken was dry over cooked. Hash tasted like tomato paste. The sweet potatoes tasted like I was eating cinnamon out the jar. Levi said he didn’t ever wanna go back and that’s coming from a kid who request pork and chicken daily.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post

Trash. We went in there on Saturday toward end of deer season. Chicken was dry over cooked. Hash tasted like tomato paste. The sweet potatoes tasted like I was eating cinnamon out the jar. Levi said he didn’t ever wanna go back and that’s coming from a kid who request pork and chicken daily.
    Not that Dukes....OB Dukes.

But to answer your question, haven't been to Ridgeville in 6 months or so...swung in there on the way back from Partidge Creek. It was mediocre at best...definitely not the same as it was before they sold it.

[QUOTE=FishSticker;3153039]Not that Dukes....OB Dukes.

OB Dukes?

We talking pepsi plant dukes or something else.

You're talking about the (real) Duke's in Ridgeville?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    You're talking about the (real) Duke's in Ridgeville?
    I consider Walterboro the real Dukes. Ridgeville has became trash.

Dukes on Folly Road has never let me down.

I consider Walterboro the real Dukes. Ridgeville has became trash.
    What the actual fuck???? ever since the OG dukes shut down on 178, the Pepsi plant is the only Dukes. It’s high as Snoop Dogg but it’s the only one.

Regardless all the Dukes have gone to shit

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I miss their hash. Not Duckman great hash, but 50X better than Sikes hash...
    you best back the F up.

i was raised on sikes' hash. ergo, sikes' hash is the standard.

duckman should get his ass in gear and make another huge batch and I'll comment later...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We have been eating at Lewis BBQ in the Holy City and every time we go to Greenville.

Sweatman's was good for many years. Lewis is a whole 'nother level.

I won't say Lewis is the " best" BBQ i have ever had, but it is in the top 3.

Fox Bros in Atlanta and Black's in Austin, TX are interchangeable... all wonderful.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Earl Dukes of Orangeburg is/was the real Dukes. All the rest of the Dukes are derivatives, whether they admit it or not.

I'm not sure if they still do it but there were some relatives that had a little dump of a location that they opened every Friday and Saturday evenings on Spruill Ave. in North Charleston, right across from Quarterman's Pond. It was the real deal... no frills, just good clean BBQ, rice and hash, cole slaw with white bread and tea on picnic tables with red and white checkerboard pattern plastic tablecloths. The building was so decrepit that most folks wouldn't risk going in. I haven't been in years but they may still be doing it.

With the possible exceptions of the places Nitro mentioned, Home Team is better than all the shit mentioned in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

We have eaten at Hometeam also. It's maybe #4 on my list.... LOL!!

Hash is something that is hit and miss at most restaurants. I'm lucky that I know a guy who makes awesome BBQ hash. Anymore , the only restaurant we eat at in Santee is Armando's
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

HomeTeam is a gun free zone

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    HomeTeam is a gun free zone
    Not when I'm in there. Hahahahaha
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.