Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Highstrung...

Default Highstrung...

Or other bourbon fans in the know....I just bought the first bottle of Blanton's I've seen in a long time in my local LS. It was more expensive than I remember, but I wanted to at least snag a bottle. I looked online, and I see the private selection ranging from 135 to 150. Then I saw a bunch of sites with prices ranging from 54.00 to 70.00. I'm thinking the 54.00 to 70.00 sites are BS scams. Just curious if any of you have found it online for that low? Did I get a decent by ar 93.00? Did I get a great deal? Did I get screwed?
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

You did ok for what I see lots of folks paying. I get the normal Blantons for around $65. I always keep one at the house for guests. I think it's just ok for the money, but there's better out there.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I will likely be corrected by those who are much smarter, but what you pay for bourbon depends on the distribution model in your state. I think I recall someone on this site referencing being in Texas and seeing a fairly rural store getting more cases of a specific bourbon in one shipment than the entire state of South Carolina got in a year.

Paying $93 for Blanton’s may be a good price because of the allocation your state receives. I think some of the sites you saw with much lower prices can only ship to certain states.

I have 3 bottles at my house, last 2 I paid $130 for couple years back

$93 is good deal these days

We did a tour of Buffalo Trace few years back and tour guide made comment “This is one of the marketing plans ever, they create a mystic , odd bottle and limit supplies”

All this was told to us while standing in the room where they had bottle Blantons and had write dates on labels

Comes from Warehouse H

However to me Eagle Rare is much better bourbon
    Last edited by tprice; 03-16-2024 at 04:57 AM.

Blanton's took like a 7 buck price increase not long ago. If you put a normal mark up on it to bring it to what those nerds call msrp it'll be about 72 bucks. Here in our state you'll see it on the shelf from that up to about 250. It used to be an okay 45 dollar bottle of bourbon.

It isn't legal to purchase it off the internet here, but a lot of people do.

With how fast the economy almost went to shambles I think it's good enough that you found that deal as is

Appreciate it. I prefer Woodford and occasionally Basil Haden…don’t drink much brown anyhow. I like to grab a bottle or two of stuff other folks like for the rare occasions I have people over to my house…thus the Blantons.

Appreciate it. I prefer Woodford and occasionally Basil Haden…don’t drink much brown anyhow. I like to grab a bottle or two of stuff other folks like for the rare occasions I have people over to my house…thus the Blantons.

If you ever run across Old Soul grab it. Thank me later
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post

It isn't legal to purchase it off the internet here, but a lot of people do.

Seriously, did not realize that

I ordered a case of red last year just to see if it worked. It did. Add it to the list of America's economic decline. We need more local business, not less. We are "saving" ourselves into slavery...

What we have now in some areas is a government selected guild. Liquor licenses are only bestowed to their approved dealers and they will line up to prevent another new dealer from getting a license.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Wine can be shipped legally into the states, abv and amounts depending.

PB, wish I could work something like that in my area... all states laws vary, the 21st gave that right to the states. We're not government owned boards here, so that's cool for yall.. and we don't have a limited license per capita like others, nor a minimum mark up. I've had four stores open up as competition in the last year to year in a half in our small town. There's actually a huge lawsuit going on this state, that has the potential to change more.. then these wild Sunday laws which hopefully won't get passed.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 03-17-2024 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Wine can be shipped legally into the states, abv and amounts depending.

PB, wish I could work something like that in my area... all states laws vary, the 21st gave that right to the states. We're not government owned boards here, so that's cool for yall.. and we don't have a limited license per capita like others, nor a minimum mark up. I've had four stores open up as competition in the last year to year in a half in our small town. There's actually a huge lawsuit going on this state, that has the potential to change more.. then these wild Sunday laws which hopefully won't get passed.
    So you are not in favor of the Sunday openings ?? Was curious to what store owners thought about this

why would he be in favor of another day at work?
    Or, heaven forbid, loud music on the golf course?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If he only wanted to work 4 days a week he should have been a dentist
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I'm strongly against it, our association is as well. It hasn't worked well in GA, nor the extended hours. All we'd be doing would be increases our overhead, not selling anymore liquor. Now, there are stores in more tourist areas that are probably for it, more of a Myrtle Beach and Rock Hill thing, stores that want to compete with NC, and then Total Wine. If it happens, it'll probably have to go to referendum.. Now if that passes in our area, I doubt I'd still open, if I did I'd be upset. The set hours were looking like 1 to 5pm. Four hours of business, probably small sized business. I don't think I could turn a profit after paying employees to come in, everything else, and I'm sure there will be a license fee.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    If he only wanted to work 4 days a week he should have been a dentist
    I'd feel like I'd be living in fantasy land.. The one cool thing I make myself do is to take long lunches.

Last few bottles I've purchased have been in NC and it was $64.95.

I travel to other states and see liquor for sale in grocery stores during all store hours. I've never seen where it was a problem.