Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flu

Default Flu

Anyone had this flu going around? I started feeling a little off Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon, I was on the couch, in sweats and a hoodie, under two blankets. Kept getting worse. Finally got in the dr yesterday. Not sure how long it lasts, but this ol boy is ready for it to go on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Whatever my wife had started last Tuesday night. She’s hardheaded and didn’t go to the doctor.

She is sitting next to me still complaining about not feeling good. I’m not gonna lie, it would have probably killed me or at least felt like that.

I started feeling off on the 2/24 and fell terrible for over a week. Good luck.

It ran its course here in Wy. about a month ago. I'm not giving medical advice to anyone on here! I'm just going to lay out my philosophy for my family and what 100% of the MDs and Pharmacists I know just happen to agree with. Whenever there is confirmed influenza spreading in our community and any of my family begin to feel bad and spike any amount of a fever, I write for a prescription of Tamiflu and start them on it immediately. Viruses don't build resistance to anti-viral meds like bacteria can build resistance to antibiotics, so overprescription is of no real concern, and there is no harm throwing Tamiflu at a cold or even at a bacterial infection. Early dosage, however, truly takes the bite out of the bite flu is going to take from you.

I once worked on a 7yo girl that died on us from Flu A. She presented to the ED and tested negative despite classic flu symptoms. She was released and sent home with typical instructions to weather a bad cold. When she re-presented ~48 hours later, she was Flu A positive, she was extremely dehydrated despite best efforts at home to keep her hydrated, and she coded and died on us before we could get her on the life flight plane. Since that day, I've had enough Tamiflu to get the dosing started, and I don't hesitate to start it on any family members, including myself, when flu is around and anyone starts feeling sick.

Hopefully it will be an OTC med someday. I don't know of a single MD that will not prescribe it with a simple phone call if you become sick when there is an outbreak of flu in your area or when it is flu season. So, I'm not telling you you should do the same...just opining about what we do on my favorite internet chat spot.

Hope you feel better.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Tamiflu is what I’m taking. I didn’t get it until day 3 of this mess though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Sure it ain't the DEMS China virus? I still ain't over that
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I had Flu type B 3rd week of January. I sweated the fever out and fed the fish green mucous while I duck hunted. Sucked, but sure beat sitting at the house.

Had Type A in Dec. It kicked my ass for 6 days. Day 2-4 were horrible, worst I've ever had it. I tried to get Tamiflu on day 1 but was told it was for high risk patients only. I sweated and shook my way through it. I do not wish it on anyone.

Facebook called and said they miss you.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Had Type A in Dec. It kicked my ass for 6 days. Day 2-4 were horrible, worst I've ever had it. I tried to get Tamiflu on day 1 but was told it was for high risk patients only. I sweated and shook my way through it. I do not wish it on anyone.
    Change who you go to...that is utter bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Sure it ain't the DEMS China virus? I still ain't over that
    Things are certainly different since 2020...at least from my personal experience. We've had bizarre illnesses that present at the same time with wildly varying symptoms amongst our family. IDK if its the latest iteration of the China-virus or if the damage done by the China-virua back in 2021 has made RSV and other illness more impactful and difficult to kick...honestly have no clue. Regardless, since the CV outbreak, there is no more "normal" season of viral illnesses; everything seems to hit harder and last longer. It's the new norm...joy, joy...

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    I had Flu type B 3rd week of January. I sweated the fever out and fed the fish green mucous while I duck hunted. Sucked, but sure beat sitting at the house.
    You, sir, are a MAN, or you had good medicine early. All I know is that when I have the flu, I am a complete titty-baby. No way I'm out duck hunting or anything else...I'm in bed making everyone around me about as miserable as I am. I can take an axe from Paul Bunion to the foot, grit my teeth, and go out and do whatever I need or want to do. The flu hits...I'm a dithering pile of grade a pussy-whimp lying in the bed wanting to just go ahead and die.

I can't even imagine going out and hunting a Tamie blind, let alone doing some real duck hunting with the flu.

I started the tamiflu about three days after I should have. Broke into my crazy prepper stash when my GP’s office wouldn’t answer the phone. That stuff is solid.

I am just getting over it...3 weeks later! Same as OP, felt ok that am, by the evening I was done. Tried sweating it out under a few blankets and it took over week for it to break. Went to the doc in a box and it was flu type A. To me, this was 10x's worse than the last bout of covid I had. I could breath in and it felt like my lungs were rattling but I couldn't get anything up. I was coughing so hard I was farting uncontrollably. I went thru 2 bottles of the vicks flavored nyquil and it seemed to help with the cough. They gave me Tamiflu but I figured it was too late so I didn't bother but kept it to have on hand for anyone else. Finally getting my strength back just in time for turkey season.
    Last edited by mrtroy4man; 03-13-2024 at 02:28 AM.
    every expert was once a beginner

kids and wife had it, wife the got double ear infections(first time ever) and a horrible case of vertigo.

i held it off with 3 days of tamiflu and lots of natural herbs.
    Windows Down!

i dont get sick
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If you would be so kind, please let us know your address so we can send a get well soon card along with a box of tampons.

I feel great.

I have never had the flu and seldom get sick other than the two cold per year.

My mother is trying to get over it. Ended developing into multifaceted pneumonia. She's still pitiful.