Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coincidence?

Default Coincidence?

So I go to Academy sports to buy a couple of chatterbaits and while I'm in there I pick up a 3 pack of Zman's 3/16 oz jighead's,....saltwater.
    I didn't go online and search for them ahead of time.

I come back to the office and this keeps popping up on my computer.

I did pay with a Visa card.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 03-12-2024 at 12:19 PM.

I was just thinking about this same thing
    Sunday, I bought an authentic silver "piece of eight" coin from the 1622 Atocha shipwreck.
    Nothing but silver and gold ads and even texts since then
    Oh, and that's my go to jighead
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-12-2024 at 12:33 PM.

i googled some silly shit from scducks (i think "stickburner") because i didnt know what it means and got ads for weeks....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It's OK to BE old, but it's also not a crime to fight it a little, Doc.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I was on my way to work one morning about a year ago and noticed one of the roadside billboards.

It said Buck Stove Pool and Spa, 1801 Montague Ave Ext, Greenwood.

And I THOUGHT to myself hmmm I didnt realize Buck Stove Pool had moved locations, because they had been on the Bypass for 20 plus years

I get to work and one of the first things to pop up on my screen was an ad for Buck Stove Pool and Spa.

Creepy I tell ya
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

My co worker showed me a picture of a Chevy pickup at a random dealership in N.C. on his cell phone last week. I held his cell phone and swiped through a few pictures of it while sitting at my desk. We discussed trucks, but neither of us ever mentioned the name of that dealership. An hour later I open Instagram on my cell phone and within the first few posts, I see an ad for the exact same truck at the same random dealership in N.C. I had not googled or looked at anything truck related in 8 months. We were not connected to the same wifi.

The only connection that I could think of is that his cell and my work computer were connected to the same wifi network and I am signed into my personal google on both my work computer and my cell.

It was at the old job, but we were talking about zero-turn mowers that used joysticks in the office one day.

Never searched but the first ad I got on Facebook that afternoon was of a joystick zero-turn.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

This one time...and old girlfriend went to bandcamp....I got images of flutes on my cell phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Big brother is watching you…
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)

A friend and I were at lunch a couple years ago. We mentioned someone who was a mutual friend in college wondering what happened to him, never searched for him on google or social media. After lunch, 15 or so minutes after the conversation, I opened Facebook and the first thing that popped up was a 'people you might know' and the person we mentioned was the first recommendation.

It's not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    You ain't wrong and Trump gets it!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

They're listening....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It is not coincidence, but you more than likely gave them permission to use your data. Every time you download an app or open an account, you agree to the terms of service, which usually means you give them permission to share and use the data they collect on you. Companies absolutely use credit card data to see what you buy and where you bought it. Those apps and services are free for a reason, your data is more valuable.

I was discussing one of those "Walk In" style bathtubs for my mom at her house several months ago. The very next day I had sale papers in my mailbox for those same type tubs....
    Yes my phone was in my pocket. That's faster than Amazon Prime!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I don't even know who Dua lipa is, but she pops up on my social medias.

I got Turtleboxed just for typing (never uttered the word) how much I hated the things in the Turtlebox thread.
    DILLIGAF

This is why I always talk about tittys.

Learn to play the game or the game will play you. Bitches.

It ain't real complicated at the end of the day....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....