Thread: 9 Deer Diseases Hunters Should Know

Default 9 Deer Diseases Hunters Should Know

A good article some here may find interesting and useful…

https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/deer-disease/
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Nice article.

I've thought about adding ivermectin to protein several times. Never have due to the liquid making the pellets swell. I tried a safe guard deworming block for goats once. The deer didn't like it so much.

The thought process being the same as with cattle, and growth. Get rid of the parasites, and perhaps get a larger antlers? Obviously genetics, and food or lack there of & water go into antlers. However I can't help but think that if you remove the parasites that will free up some resources to go into antler production?
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Nice article.

I've thought about adding ivermectin to protein several times. Never have due to the liquid making the pellets swell. I tried a safe guard deworming block for goats once. The deer didn't like it so much.

The thought process being the same as with cattle, and growth. Get rid of the parasites, and perhaps get a larger antlers? Obviously genetics, and food or lack there of & water go into antlers. However I can't help but think that if you remove the parasites that will free up some resources to go into antler production?
    ditto
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers