Thread: Bowfishing rig?

Default Bowfishing rig?

Anyone have any recommendations on an inexpensive, but capable bowfishing rig? This would be for a non-traditional saltwater use (taking biopsies of free swimming critters). If it works well, I may get something else, but at the same time, I can't imagine any are built for saltwater use, so might be just buying a new one every so often anyways...

buy a cheap bow. screw a reel on the front. tie line (likely the braided dacron stuff) to slide on arrow. roll on.

i cant quite envision the tip but if you dont care where you hit the critter it shouldnt be that hard to shoot fairly accurately.

i have an old recurve with a zebco reel on it and I use regular fishing line on that one. dont overcomplicate it. watch out for the myriad of replies you get from this crowd....

i'll try to remember to bring to show you this weekend...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Good to talk, see you out there!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    buy a cheap bow. screw a reel on the front. tie line (likely the braided dacron stuff) to slide on arrow. roll on.

i cant quite envision the tip but if you dont care where you hit the critter it shouldnt be that hard to shoot fairly accurately.

i have an old recurve with a zebco reel on it and I use regular fishing line on that one. dont overcomplicate it. watch out for the myriad of replies you get from this crowd....

i'll try to remember to bring to show you this weekend...
    Dr Sasnett had a crossbow with a reel that was used to shoot spadefish and such...