Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Constitutional Carry Just Passed the Senate!!!!!

Default Constitutional Carry Just Passed the Senate!!!!!

It's off to Fog Horn Leg Horns desk! Should be law by Friday.
    Passed 28-18

Big thank you to Duck Tape, for getting this done! I know there are many more people to thank, and thank yoU!

Teir, penalty system.

Discuss.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-06-2024 at 03:56 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Tier penalty is absolute bullshit. I’d rather not had the bill than to have some shit like that included.

So can I tote a pistol in my truck without worry of being a lawbreaker?
    cut\'em

Glad it's done. I've only read a brief overview of the bill, but I'm not a fan tier penalty. I can also see the other side of the argument about habitual offenders. I would think it should something similar to the dui law... meaning that after a certain period of time you can't be charged with second offense etc.

Just don’t get a speeding ticket without the cwp. Then you can get three squares a day for 3 years

Bucky
    I’m not disagreeing with you at all.

You’re not wrong at least what I’ve read so far I haven’t read the committee reading.

But there are 2 more bills in the works for expungement and removing the tier.
    That said we don’t have it yet.
    But we have something.

Boil the frog slowly!

Don’t ever say nothing or all unless it’s with Jesus.

But when it comes to politics get what you can while you can is my take.

The left didn’t erode our right with one bill we won’t get it back with one bill.

Boil that baby.
    The best part is there are some seething in the dark corners of the state house right now!!!

I believe the tier at least last version was much like the violating dui laws

However there is a gap in there where you can be stopped for a driving infraction and have a pistol in your pocket and violate.

That’s total bs.

But let’s see what the courts say.
    There is going to have to be some interpretation.

If you are committing a violent crime and have a pistol in your pocket that’s another story.

But hopefully we will get some clarification and eventually get rid of the whole thing.
    It does muddy the water in my opinion.

But I wanted to see what you all say!
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 03-06-2024 at 04:38 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

And what’s the problem with the CWP? Could you not get one?

I've got my CWP and will maintain it, but Bucky is right, SW338. The "frogs" being boiled are all of US. Yes, Dems are wringing their hand right now, but as has been pointed out, as this is apparently written, a speeding ticket while CC'ing could place your ass in prison. This is just like I pointed out on the other thread. The last CWP law "improvement" to get "restaurant carry" cost us the trade of numerous lightweight misdemeanors for felonies for the same violations. And just like here where politicians like DT say "We'll go back and fix it later"... I say BS. It's been how many years now and the felonies have never been "fixed"? You can bet your ass this Tier Penalties issue won't get fixed either, because our 'Republicans' in the GA are nothing but D's in the closet.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Ok I haven’t red it yet but give me the low down on why I’m going to jail if I’m speeding and I got my .357 messican style ?

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    Why should I ask .gov to exercise my 2nd amendment right?
    cut\'em

Hell you could take test and demonstrate aptitude to vote, but should you have to?

I guess I’d rather politicians focus on more pressing matters- !

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Why should I ask .gov to exercise my 2nd amendment right?
    Agreed.

I'm not really impressed with the "ratification" of a right I already have.

Do something worth while and rid SC of property taxes.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I've got my CWP and will maintain it, but Bucky is right, SW338. The "frogs" being boiled are all of US. Yes, Dems are wringing their hand right now, but as has been pointed out, as this is apparently written, a speeding ticket while CC'ing could place your ass in prison. This is just like I pointed out on the other thread. The last CWP law "improvement" to get "restaurant carry" cost us the trade of numerous lightweight misdemeanors for felonies for the same violations. And just like here where politicians like DT say "We'll go back and fix it later"... I say BS. It's been how many years now and the felonies have never been "fixed"? You can bet your ass this Tier Penalties issue won't get fixed either, because our 'Republicans' in the GA are nothing but D's in the closet.
    I get it

I’m the one bitching about the health secretary

I get it.

But this one is going in a way we can manipulate it to our will.

You will have to get off your ass and raise hell with senators.

If you don’t it will be left alone.

Mars bluff
    Just have it strapped on the outside of your pants you will be fine with your “hawg leg”

Don’t try and put that piece down your pants and get a speeding ticket.

I highly suspect the courts will have to weigh in on this any way.

They can’t over turn it.

They can define what constitutes a reason to take you the rural man to jail verses the business man.

Right now it’s up to the cop.

Don’t forget if you’re coming or going from a fishing trip or hunting trip you can be concealed carry.

That is up to the police but easier to prove so they say……
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

"Shall not be infringed."

That's the fucking problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    "Shall not be infringed."

That's the fucking problem with it.
    amen
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Make no mistake.

You will have to navigate the legislation.

It will not be an easy road to start with.

Hopefully with a big ass bull dozier called the America first movement will straitened the road out.

We shall see.

I trust DT to get it done along with a few others.

I’m burning their phones up and trying to come up with solutions to some of the Dem issues.

Believe it or not many of your ideas get injected.

You may not realize it.

But they do.

This is why I asked you all to post.

You will not have a say in your own government unless you participate.

I can’t speak for you all.

But I’m using some of your arguments to formulate arguments to the elected to vote in a manner.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I just read the below on one of the news sites. Doesn't current law state you can carry into a bar or restaurant as long as you don't consume? Why would they change that?

"It also aims to restrict firearms in bars. Under the bill, if a person is convicted of knowingly carrying a firearm into a business that sells alcoholic liquor, beer, or wine for consumption on the premises is guilty of a misdemeanor, and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than two thousand dollars or imprisoned not more than two years. If that person also holds a CWP, the State has the right to revoke it for five years."

I also haven’t read the bill yet, but what’s this nonsense about pistols in cars?? I thought that already falls under castle doctrine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

My understanding is tucked between your seat or loose in the center console will still get you some bracelets
    cut\'em