Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turtlebox

Default Turtlebox

Great day! 2th, you are gonna love these. Man, are they proud of these things.

How many of you got one of these? Are the worth the coin? Over/under chene gear? I'm selling a kidney soon and trying to decide between this and a pair of waders with a fancy name.

https://turtleboxaudio.com/
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I don't have one personally, but they're really good quality and loud.. I've seen plenty at the beach just covered in sand and the owners will just go plunge it in the water to clean it off.

My son has one. Incredible sound and durability.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

I’ve heard good things from friends.

Also seen a video where one caught on fire, then threw it in the ocean, then shot it with duck shot and it was still working.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

its essentially a pelican case, a marine 6x9, a small amp, and a 12v lithium battery... Amazing what people will spend on stuff these days.

If someone brings one on my boat it better be waterproof because I am punting that crap!
    DILLIGAF

All those things you just listed add up to $400

I have one. It's louder and more durable than the all of the other little rechargeable speakers out there, but they're expensive. If mine broke or I lost it, I don't think that I'd buy another. While louder, I don't thin they really sound that great.
    Last edited by wob; 03-06-2024 at 11:14 AM.

My buddy brought one of those on the boat the other day. It was a good speaker so I looked it up and then decided I’d keep my current set up.

I've heard it a few times now ... Sitting in the woods before legal in flooded timber, nice and quiet except for the occasional boat going up or down the run a few hundred yards away ... Then I hear music above an engine coming. It's usually rap or bro country. Maybe I'm getting old, but I absolutely hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    If someone brings one on my boat it better be waterproof because I am punting that crap!
    yep
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I've heard it a few times now ... Sitting in the woods before legal in flooded timber, nice and quiet except for the occasional boat going up or down the run a few hundred yards away ... Then I hear music above an engine coming.
    That's the worst ain't it?

Forget mufflers. Sound systems should be illegal during hunting seasons.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Your foot is going to hurt
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Your foot is going to hurt
    I have a tough foot and a hard head.
    The only music I want to hear fishing is the whistle of the wind through my fishing line.
    DILLIGAF

Demerbox has storage and will charge your phone. I use mine as a dry box on the boat.

Got one. Love it. Cheaper than the bi annual boat sterio, amp and speakers! Can link 2 together also.

And it works great as a crow call!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    its essentially a pelican case, a marine 6x9, a small amp, and a 12v lithium battery... Amazing what people will spend on stuff these days.
    A truck is essentially an engine, tires and a transmission. Amazing what people will spend money on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I've heard it a few times now ... Sitting in the woods before legal in flooded timber, nice and quiet except for the occasional boat going up or down the run a few hundred yards away ... Then I hear music above an engine coming. It's usually rap or bro country. Maybe I'm getting old, but I absolutely hate it.
    That's the sound of the Pee Dee these days.

I have one and love it. Boat, SxS, camp site, wherever. If it got lost, stolen, whatever, I'd go buy another one tomorrow.

Y'all go be poor somewhere else.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.