Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can’t…..

Default I can’t…..

Even come up with words to describe how ridiculous this is. This is what it’s come to……

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Why are you surprised?

Isn't that what we teach now? Life is all about what you can get and get all you can. Money, fame, sex, status, get it all for yourself. Do you, mane.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I predicted this when it began with college. Was inevitable. Still, smh.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Can’t wait for it to reach travel ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I predicted this when it began with college. Was inevitable. Still, smh.
    I told somebody this yesterday, as someone that runs a business that advertises directly with local schools athletic departments, I can't imagine a scenario where it would benefit me to give money directly to an individual athlete. I understand that they'll do it through collectives and the like, but if you can't see the corruption and backdoor BS it will bring, you're just being naive. It will be worse for 1 and 2A schools than charter schools ever thought about being.
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

maybe now some of these smaller schools can compete against the "sports magnet" schools and private schools w deep endowment funds
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    maybe now some of these smaller schools can compete against the "sports magnet" schools and private schools w deep endowment funds
    I doubt the smaller schools will have bigger collectives than the academies and private schools homie....

When did becoming an adult and saying NO become such a toxic thing? Probably right around the same time it happened to the caucasian male....
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Wait wait wait so unless I’m wrong I believe the whole argument around NIL is that if the school is making money off the player, then the player should be able to receive compensation. Is that correct?

If that is correct I would think a simple income statement would show that schools are not making money off sports. Maybe I’m wrong.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Wait wait wait so unless I’m wrong I believe the whole argument around NIL is that if the school is making money off the player, then the player should be able to receive compensation. Is that correct?

If that is correct I would think a simple income statement would show that schools are not making money off sports. Maybe I’m wrong.
    Agreed, however high schools are now doing shady stuff to get kids to transfer in. The difference is that the benefits are going to the parents; accommodations in a very nice neighborhood, jobs, vehicles (usually rentals), etc.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Agreed, however high schools are now doing shady stuff to get kids to transfer in. The difference is that the benefits are going to the parents; accommodations in a very nice neighborhood, jobs, vehicles (usually rentals), etc.
    Sounds like the kids are benefiting from that as well. Living in a better neighborhood, better car, parents have a better income.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

And usually a better school with better teachers but education isn't the goal in any of this sports mess from HS to college.

I believe a transfer has to sit a year in public school?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post

High schools not making money, in fact Football generally funds all non revenue sports outside of basketball

However like others you could see this coming, GA is already doing this (QB at Carrollton HS has a $450K NIL deal ) so would not take long for some of these kids to cross state lines. They (Parents) think nothing of up rooting a family for kids to play at certain schools

Love HS sports but we could all of a sudden be looking at HS kids wanting to be “school district employee’s” before it is over with

Personally I do not like it but I can see some of these Mom’s on phone with coaches now asking “how much for my son/Daughter to come play there”. I think first sport you will see it is basketball
    Last edited by tprice; 03-06-2024 at 12:31 PM.

I understand NIL in college ... Get good players using the NIL, win more games, sell more tickets and merchandise, TV deals for broadcasting, bowl games, advertising, etc ... They make more money. I don't get it for high school. Any high school offering an NIL deal is probably already winning or at least competitive, they probably aren't going to boost attendance too much, or sell more merchandise, or make more money if a couple of kids get paid and they move to their team. I'm definitely not going to buy a specific product because some 16 year old kid who's good at catching a ball endorses it.

What gain comes from the NIL in high school that I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I believe a transfer has to sit a year in public school?
    I talked with the OC of the football program at the new MVP school here in spartanburg. From what I understood, you can transfer there 7th - 9th grades and not be penalized. After 9th grade, you will be penalized. Obviously, anyone can transfer this year because it's a new school.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    I talked with the OC of the football program at the new MVP school here in spartanburg. From what I understood, you can transfer there 7th - 9th grades and not be penalized. After 9th grade, you will be penalized. Obviously, anyone can transfer this year because it's a new school.
    If I am correct any student that has not played at the Varsity level is not required to sit out

Are they required to sit out if they transfer to a private school and/or a charter school such as Gray Collegiate?

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    High schools not making money, in fact Football generally funds all non revenue sports outside of basketball

However like others you could see this coming, GA is already doing this (QB at Carrollton HS has a $450K NIL deal ) so would not take long for some of these kids to cross state lines. They (Parents) think nothing of up rooting a family for kids to play at certain schools

Love HS sports but we could all of a sudden be looking at HS kids wanting to be “school district employee’s” before it is over with

Personally I do not like it but I can see some of these Mom’s on phone with coaches now asking “how much for my son/Daughter to come play there”. I think first sport you will see it is basketball
    So who is paying this kid $450k?
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Y’all are underestimating the power of social media. Some of these seniors have serious followings due to being at the top of the recruiting rankings. All that turns into people following them on social media. Not me, maybe not y’all, but kids teenagers and young adults most certainly do. Followers leads to advertising which leads to money and is a form of NIL.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 03-06-2024 at 06:09 PM.