Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USC Baskteball tickets?

Live by the 3, die by the 3. The refs certainly weren't cutting them any slack.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    You definitely watched a different game. Sure there was some questionable calls/no calls, but USC couldn't hit anything in the first half. If it wasn't for the defense they would have been blown out of their own gym. They were a different team the second half and if they would've played like that the whole game they would've won.
    I’ve got no particular love for the coots. But they kept close without TN running away with it and tightened down towards the end. Same game played against Fla on Saturday. I counted at least 8 points worth of free throws denied due to lack of foul calls in the last 3 minutes. Guy gets all but tackled shooting a three in a 4 point game and no call? That’s a referee determining the outcome
    Last edited by BuckyTownsend; 03-07-2024 at 10:18 AM.

I'm a gamecock fan and thought the no call on the three was a good no call. Shooter jumped sideways into the defender trying to get the call. I understand they get that call sometimes, but that was not one I would have called either.

Couldn’t hit the 3 all night but -14 on free throw comparison in second half or as Lamont stated post game “the SEC wasn’t ready for us to be champs quite yet”

Eloquent F you to the refs

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Couldn’t hit the 3 all night but -14 on free throw comparison in second half or as Lamont stated post game “the SEC wasn’t ready for us to be champs quite yet”

Haha. I didn't hear that, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I’ve got no particular love for the coots. But they kept close without TN running away with it and tightened down towards the end. Same game played against Fla on Saturday. I counted at least 8 points worth of free throws denied due to lack of foul calls in the last 3 minutes. Guy gets all but tackled shooting a three in a 4 point game and no call? That’s a referee determining the outcome
    If you think Cooper intentionally jumping sideways initiating contact was a DEFENSIVE foul, then you should probably refrain from commenting on all things basketball henceforth...

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post

When you abandon your big guys and jack up 30 from behind the arc, you arent going to get the same opportunity to shoot free throws as the team taking it inside....

The foul differential was 13-17 over the entirety of the game. That's about as much parity as you can ask for when you consider the FIVE intentional fouls by USC in the last 47 seconds of the game trying to stop the clock and get the ball back.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 03-07-2024 at 12:47 PM.

perspective

i give not one shit about usc basketball and probably watched maybe ten minutes of game time, including much of the last 5.

I didnt think of the refs once and didnt see a call that bothered me.

but congrats to whoever blamed the refs. bless your heart....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    sorry yall lost but damn good season. that knecht fella is a baller.
    "We" won, so the fam and I were pretty happy. Fans were definitely on the refs hard, but seemed like a tough physical game to me, and refs let them play. That said, there were a few replays I would've liked to see.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    When you abandon your big guys and jack up 30 from behind the arc, you arent going to get the same opportunity to shoot free throws as the team taking it inside....

The foul differential was 13-17 over the entirety of the game. That's about as much parity as you can ask for when you consider the FIVE intentional fouls by USC in the last 47 seconds of the game trying to stop the clock and get the ball back.

Yep
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    "We" won, so the fam and I were pretty happy. Fans were definitely on the refs hard, but seemed like a tough physical game to me, and refs let them play. That said, there were a few replays I would've liked to see.
    Complete opposite of the game in Knoxville which SC won. The first game was called so close it was sickening.