Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State Freedoms

Would legal weed and hookers move us up or down?

Asking for a friend, of course.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Would legal weed and hookers move us up or down?

Asking for a friend, of course.
    Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    We have a 50 state experiment. Choose the one that fits you best. Or as Toof says, run for office.
    So the SC GA is intent on running Conservatives out of the State now? Between the hogwash it went through screwing up Constitutional Carry… and now the coup de’ grace of everyone voting to install a new SC Health Czar, who will be appointed and not elected, can be a non-medically trained lobbyist, and who can’t be removed from office by a vote of the GA, but will have unbridled authority to order local or State law enforcement to enforce any command up to and including forced vaccinations, is complete and utter bullshit and does nothing but acquiesce to the UN and WHO for global control. Even though the GA has always acted more like corrupt Democrats than corrupt Republicans, you’ve just proven the Uni-Party is alive and in control in SC.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 03-07-2024 at 01:09 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    So the SC GA is intent on running Conservatives out of the State now? Between the hogwash it went through screening up Constitutional Carry… and now the coup de’ grace of everyone voting to install a new SC Health Czar, who will be appointed and not elected, can be a non-medically trained lobbyist, and who can’t be removed from office by a vote of the GA, but will have unbridled authority to order local or State law enforcement to enforce any command up to and including forced vaccinations, is complete and utter bullshit and does nothing but acquiesce to the UN and WHO for global control. Even though the GA has always acted more like corrupt Democrats than corrupt Republicans, you’ve just proven the Uni-Party is alive and in control in SC.
    The governor can appoint and fire said health czar. They did put that language in there, but the fact this person can call out the national guard, if sheriff's dont execute their edict is concerning. The sheriff is elected, and if he isnt wanting to "quarantine" people there may be a reason why he or she is defying the order.

My example may be extreme today, but what about 20 years from now with all these yankees moving down. We have a liberal governor who appoints said zsar. US-AG declares, climate change, gun violence, or Christian nationalism, a health emergency. What stops the health tsar from bypassing the LEO that will not enforce this rouge edict and call in the national guard. The governor will not stop it. The proposition was preposed the GA would reconvene. Well, what if you dont have enough to over ride a veto, or are in some internment camp???

Again, today that sounds wild. Back in 2001 everyone was clamoring to pass the Patriot act. We now see 20 years later how that was turned against we the people. Just think about that!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

If you actually read the three categories of "freedom" you will see SC is ranked 27th in economic freedom and 16th in regulatory freedom. Overall freedom we are ranked 29th. State taxation 15th. Land use 14th. Health insurance 10th. Labor market 6th.

You can call us backwards. Some call that conservative. We must balance conservation the time tested on societal effects as a whole as well as your individual rights. My issue is taxing me to pay for your mistakes. Moderation is a wisdom that is slowly learned for most but many will fall to the depths of hell and expect you to bail them out.

The house and senate have miraculously found common ground in conference committee for Constitutional Carry. The house voted for it today. I expect to have law by Friday!!!

The governor recommends a healthcare director who needs senate confirmation. He/she can be fired without cause. That is much better than the current method of 7 DHEC governor appointees who control quarantine and such who cannot be removed before the term is over. None are physicians.

And since when to sheriffs have any real medical knowledge? Several can't spell quarantine. South Carolina sheriff is 13th convicted since 2010

Again, there are 50 states that are involved the the experiment called the United States. I hope SC will be the best.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

It seems to me the like y'all are forgetting how free we were in comparison to those states during the pandemic..
    Last edited by Highstrung; 03-05-2024 at 04:39 PM.

but what about the mud motors? How do we rank in mud motor noise?

I do not support a mud motor or loud muffler ban...

I was asked to poll it.

I appreciate y'all running them into my private property.

If you actually read the three categories of "freedom" you will see SC is ranked 27th in economic freedom and 16th in regulatory freedom. Overall freedom we are ranked 29th. State taxation 15th. Land use 14th. Health insurance 10th. Labor market 6th.

You can call us backwards. Some call that conservative. We must balance conservation the time tested on societal effects as a whole as well as your individual rights. My issue is taxing me to pay for your mistakes. Moderation is a wisdom that is slowly learned for most but many will fall to the depths of hell and expect you to bail them out.

The house and senate have miraculously found common ground in conference committee for Constitutional Carry. The house voted for it today. I expect to have law by Friday!!!

The governor recommends a healthcare director who needs senate confirmation. He/she can be fired without cause. That is much better than the current method of 7 DHEC governor appointees who control quarantine and such who cannot be removed before the term is over. None are physicians.

And since when to sheriffs have any real medical knowledge? Several can't spell quarantine. South Carolina sheriff is 13th convicted since 2010

Again, there are 50 states that are involved the the experiment called the United States. I hope SC will be the best.
    What difference does medical knowledge have to do with enforcement? What are you leaving up to his or any czar's judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    What difference does medical knowledge have to do with enforcement? What are you leaving up to his or any czar's judgement?
    Because they want to get patted on the head by the Democrats, the UN, the criminal head of the WHO, and the Globalists… plus, they didn’t want to have to admit that the Freedom Caucus had proposed some smart restrictions on the Czar, and as pointed out by SW338 above, future Governors, etc.

DT and the others will try to fluff it up with chocolate icing, or maybe BBQ sauce, but it still stinks to hand that authority to one non-elected person and can only be fired by the person who appointed him. It’s a disgusting dereliction of their sworn duties.
    ~ George Washington

I do not support a mud motor or loud muffler ban...

I was asked to poll it.

I appreciate y'all running them into my private property.
    i can respect that

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    It seems to me the like y'all are forgetting how free we were in comparison to those states during the pandemic..
    i think they are also forgetting how stupid it is to think some internet ranking even matters....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Because they want to get patted on the head by the Democrats, the UN, the criminal head of the WHO, and the Globalists… plus, they didn’t want to have to admit that the Freedom Caucus had proposed some smart restrictions on the Czar, and as pointed out by SW338 above, future Governors, etc.

DT and the others will try to fluff it up with chocolate icing, or maybe BBQ sauce, but it still stinks to hand that authority to one non-elected person and can only be fired by the person who appointed him. It’s a disgusting dereliction of their sworn duties.
    You have fallen victim to distortions by political adversary emails and texts.

For many years 7 DHEC appointed, not elected, board members have called the shots on quarantines and such. If the bill passes the governor appoints and senate confirms. In effect the Governor will control since he can fire. The legislature can return and change the law if needed.

Tell us your better plan please.

For many years 7 DHEC appointed, not elected, board members have called the shots on quarantines and such. If the bill passes the governor appoints and senate confirms. In effect the Governor will control since he can fire. The legislature can return and change the law if needed.

We can all agree DHEC was broken in many facets. I was jumping for joy when I heard a rumor they were going to be busted up before it became common knowledge. The idiots up there were so stuck in their ways they would have never been able to pull off a real quarantine.

I've made it clear as to why I dont like the new configuration, and that is what happens down the road. I dont think that is falling pray to a txt or email. I'm looking at previous laws that have been passed with massive spying and encroachment powers on our freedoms & liberties. I agree a sheriff isnt perfect, but they are elected. If they dont want to go round people up and throw them in a quarantine camp their is probably a reason, and most likely its that the edict is unconstitutional. But now this secretary can send the National guard. We already have Biden wanting to fill the ranks of the military with illegals. I can't imagine what could go wrong handing a bunch of people tanks, planes, and belt feds whom dislike we the people on our own soil!

What happens when you have ranks filled with these illegals, and a liberal gov, and his hand picked secretary all of whom are more in line with a Biden like agenda? Then what?

Is your gas stove a health emergency? I dont find it to be, but we have rabid anti property fools in our .gov currently.

I agree on a whole you and the rest of the "delgedation" do one hell of a great job. We as a state are a sleeper for personal freedoms and I prefer it stay that way, let all the yankees go to Florida. Y'all preserve that. Y'all look forward and have a rainy day fund. Y'all, keep taxes low and try to give us back our money. I applaud y'all for doing this.

I was super pumped when you gave me the good news yesterday and immediately started calling folks to call senators, and make sure this think makes it over the line on Friday.

I just want y'all to look forward as to what can happen with this secretary and the way it allows a short cut to impose marshal law.

As to the answer? I've been thinking on it. While y'all cut out the red tape and made it more stream lined it almost made it too stream lined. Why not have a lock and a key. Keep the secretary as is, but take the enforcement power away, and only give he/she authority to asses the situation and make recommendations, but before any enforcement of mandatory quarantine can be enforced have the GA vote on it in a dual house session in which 2/3d's have to agree to enforce a mandatory quarantine and use LEO/national guard to enforce.

If 2/3's are willing to go along with a quarantine, then it is genuinely an emergency, and we as a state need to do something.

The way it currently is set up is too close to the power that the CIA wields. Had the intelligence been broken away from the action side, we would have an agency much more inline with our constitution.
    That may sound like a strange analogy but if one researches them you can easily make the parallel.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    As to the answer? I've been thinking on it. While y'all cut out the red tape and made it more stream lined it almost made it too stream lined. Why not have a lock and a key. Keep the secretary as is, but take the enforcement power away, and only give he/she authority to asses the situation and make recommendations, but before any enforcement of mandatory quarantine can be enforced have the GA vote on it in a dual house session in which 2/3d's have to agree to enforce a mandatory quarantine and use LEO/national guard to enforce.

If 2/3's are willing to go along with a quarantine, then it is genuinely an emergency, and we as a state need to do something.
    There have been several small quarantines over the years. Covid was statewide. Some states went overboard. Our state made some errors. With hindsight, the call is easier. Nothing could be more silly than 46 Sheriffs making the call.

A by definition a quarantine is an emergency. Waiting on the General Assembly to meet and vote is not a good plan. The governor can respond quicker. If all that is inappropriate, the GA can intervene.

There have been several small quarantines over the years. Covid was statewide. Some states went overboard. Our state made some errors. With hindsight, the call is easier. Nothing could be more silly than 46 Sheriffs making the call.

A by definition a quarantine is an emergency. Waiting on the General Assembly to meet and vote is not a good plan. The governor can respond quicker. If all that is inappropriate, the GA can intervene.
    Ah. The ol' emergency excuse...

Frankly, I believe DT has good intentions. I just know how this works out in the end. We just got a pretty good snapshot.

Saying that SC did better than other states for lockdowns and shit is like my son telling me he failed a test that his buddy failed worse.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Please.. silly shit is just hitting your fingers now

I'm well aware of small quarantines been part of several over the years. But no one was rounding people up at the point of a gun. And those were to protect the vulnerable individuals from others that may not be as vulnerable. If a person had a nasty contagion we put them in isolation, and had special precautions that had to be followed. And if a facility had a terrible outbreak of say the flu, they would limit who was coming in so they didn't spread it to the community at large. But no one was standing at the door with guns keeping people in or out.

Covid was the first time we ever tried to quarantine the entire state in an equal manner sick, not sick, vulnerable or not. Now the precedent has been set. I doubt anyone that is alive will ever let that happen again on their watch, but again what happens 20 years from now?

Oh remember back in 2020 we did have to make people stay home from church, no you can't use public ramps to launch a boat......on and on. Thank the lord we did see the light before some of the other states did, but my worry can be seen in those very actions by those states. Once that kind of power is amassed in 1 place you are gonna have your hands full if the right person(s) are in that position and the wrong circumstances happen!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

No, I haven't fallen for anything, and I have never gotten any emails or texts from your 'political adversaries'. I've only ever met Cromer once for less than a minute and we didn't have any real chat at all, so don't make assumptions, and stuff your indignant insults.

In fact, a highly trusted friend of mine, who happens to be a former Greenville City Detective and is now a well-known Forensic Consultant, sent me the info about this circle-jerk and asked me... "I thought we all thought that SC was at least a Republican State, albeit not really a Conservative one". And as soon as I read where you guys opted to fall right into the Globalist agenda trap of giving up all controls over the new 'Health Czar' who has sole authority to direct LEO's and the National Guard as desired I had to take a deep breath. I thought SC would be one of the last States to even talk about that notion. I know, you'll say the GA can rein him in... after how many people have been forced at gun point to get a new 'trial vaccine' jab? You opted to not keep the authority to control that pesky thing that any intelligent and ethical person should be aware of called "UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES". Your argument that things need to move too fast in an "emergency" for the GA to convene is BS. You just wrote the law so you could have streamlined it to put the oversight in the hands of an "Health Emergency Oversight Commission" or some such thing.

I've never challenged you on anything over the years as I've always tried to do just the opposite. But you and your gang look more like Democrats every day and it's a damn shame. I have absolutely no issue with the Health 'Czar' position and the splitting of DHEC into two organizations. But this legislation absolutely gives the keys to the barn to any future horse thief and you guys didn't bother to consider that the next Governor, or the one after that, may well be a staunch Democrat because of all of the fricken' Yanks and West Coasters who have been moving here in droves the past ten years... and many of them vote BLUE, not RED... so your excuse that the GA can always go back and change it is smoke since you may well not have the votes to do so.

Yes, my next discussion will be with Senator Cash... the self-claimed 'Conservative', who also just proved he isn't.

My plan? It would be to get this bill pulled back before Fog-Horn signs the damn thing and sells us down the Blue river...
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 03-06-2024 at 10:26 PM.
    ~ George Washington