Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge Favor Ask...

Default Huge Favor Ask...

Fellas...and fellowettes. I will be coming home to SC in Mid April for my annual eastern US turkey hunting, ramp digging, morel hunting, and fish getting trip. I usually take two to three weeks to drive home and do this, and my main stop is in Camden, SC. Over the years, I have spent time with my dad, who is a healthy 86 this year, trying to get him his first turkey. We were successful in that endeavor last year, and seeing how he loves fishing way more than turkey hunting, I think that was his first and last turkey.

The most important part of the trip is spending quality time with him, and we try to spend some of that time outdoors doing what we loved to do most all our lives...hunting and fishing. We are blessed with several ponds we can go and walk around and fish, but walking on uneven ground is increasingly more difficult for him. We are blessed with access to a great 80 acre lake that we've fished all my life, but living in and coming from Wyoming, I no longer have a boat to use in that Lake. Dad, no longer being comfortable going out in a boat by himself, sold his only pond boat years ago. So....because Dad would be much more comfortable and stable sitting in a boat...

I'm looking for someone in and around the Camden area who has a 14' ish John boat or other type of boat that is trailerable preferably with seats and an electric motor that will let me borrow/rent the use of the boat for a couple/few days sometime during the last two weeks of April. Not trying to be picky, but think 86 year old in a boat for 5 hours...that's the kind of craft we need.

I have ample means to buy such a boat or to replace whatever someone lets me use if something strange happens and the boat or motor gets damaged somehow; I just don't want to spend money buying a boat to leave for dad to have to store/maintain in his limited space for the one or two days a year we might get the chance to use it.

I'll be driving to Camden from Long Creek, SC, and will be spending at least one night in Chapin with a good friend, so anyone that's willing in the Colombia/Chapin area...that would work too.

I hate asking to use anyone's stuff...its actually a self-imposed rule that I don't ask these types of things, and I don't usually let others borrow big items of mine...not because I don't want to help someone out, but rather I don't want someone to borrow something of mine and have it break on them and have them on the hook for a repair or replacement when maybe it broke because it was just time for it to break.

That said, I don't have much of a choice here, and if something were to go wrong, I'm willing to replace no questions asked.

I appreciate the consideration. PM me if you can help me out. Thanks.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Just as an fyi, you can rent a pontoon from wateree marina for $250 a day.

https://www.watereemarinainc.com/ren...today--rentals

That would be the most comfortable thing.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 03-06-2024 at 01:59 PM.

There are other rental companies as well.

My jon is too big for what you need.. I'll keep my eyes open.

He ain't taking a wateree marina boat in the place I think he's talking about fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    He ain't taking a wateree marina boat in the place I think he's talking about fishing
    10-4. Just throwing it out there.

I've got a 15' with 40hp 4stroke, no seats, no trolling motor, and it's located in Florence. But if you should fall short in your search, you are more than welcome to it. It could be made reasonably comfortable to fish out of pretty easily. It is deep and sturdy.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

If mine fit your needs, I'd certainly let you take it, but unfortunately it doesn't.
    I will check with a friend or two

I've got a 15' alumacraft waterfowler on a trailer with a 25 yamaha. It has a DF/FF no downscan or anything silly like that and does not have a TM. I think the TM is the biggest thing you are looking for. It has a plug for a TM and a deep cylce battery for electronics just no TM on the boat.

I got something for yall to use.
    15’ war eagle
    Open floor so easy getting around in it
    Has a 25hp Yamaha on back and a foot controlled trolling motor up front
    No electronics
    Trailer in good shape
    I can drop it wherever for y’all when you need it

Shoot me a text at 843-909-8740

Gene
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I’ve got a 13’ gheenoe with trolling motor/ trailer that you’re welcome to use. Located in Chapin.

Damn! Appreciate it guys. This lake is on the upper edge of paddleability…especially if there is any wind at all. G-belly and Whaler…I’ll talk to dad and see if he feels comfortable with the Ghenoe option, as it would be much easier to get in and out of the lake where we can put on. I’ve never been in one, but I hear they are super stable and it sits you up high…I think that would be perfect. The War-Eagle option would work too, but I’m wanting to keep a low profile. I wouldn’t use the outboard, but I’ve never seen anyone out there using a TM with a gasser on the back…might be a no-no…I’ll check though.

Appreciate all the generosity more than y’all know.

HS…if we get out there and catch enough fish for a back yard fry, you know you are welcome to come over for fried bass and sautéed chanterelles.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Damn! Appreciate it guys.

HS…if we get out there and catch enough fish for a back yard fry, you know you are welcome to come over for fried bass and sautéed chanterelles.
    I got some stuff you can borrow! Fried fish and chanterelles? Sign me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I get into the fish, anyone who wants to come hang out around a fryer in my parents driveway in the late afternoon and evening August heat having beers and cocktails and telling stories is more than welcome. I always find somewhere to catch fish and have always been able to find a wad of chanterelles, so I make sure to put on a fish fry for my family and any old friends who can make it. Recently, it's been my sister, mom and dad, my 88 year old aunt (she's worth coming over for) and my bud Cash that drives down from Charlotte. If I get into a wad of bass...I don't believe in catch and release on any bass under 5 lbs...I'll post up on here the time and location, and whoever wants to come will be welcome.

I've got a 16ft with a 25 and trolling motor you're welcome to. I'm in florence but I'd meet you or drop it off for you. Yall are more than welcome to my cabin as well. It's near Conway and very close to little pee dee river. It would be a nice getaway if you're so inclined. I'll be doing some inshore fishing then as well. Yall are more than welcome to join me. Text me at 8438584346 if I can help in any way.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    If I get into the fish, anyone who wants to come hang out around a fryer in my parents driveway in the late afternoon and evening August heat having beers and cocktails and telling stories is more than welcome. I always find somewhere to catch fish and have always been able to find a wad of chanterelles, so I make sure to put on a fish fry for my family and any old friends who can make it. Recently, it's been my sister, mom and dad, my 88 year old aunt (she's worth coming over for) and my bud Cash that drives down from Charlotte. If I get into a wad of bass...I don't believe in catch and release on any bass under 5 lbs...I'll post up on here the time and location, and whoever wants to come will be welcome.
    Does she Facebook and is she single?

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Does she Facebook and is she single?
    She's been a widow now for a year and a half. She's a Democrat, so she probably Facepages. I know enough about most on here to know that most couldn't handle her!

Clear your PMs
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I’ve got a 1436 war eagle with a live well, open layout, 25hp and trolling motor you’re welcome to use. It’s in Conway though.

I may be able to help on the turkeys.

Let me know when you get down.

Good luck.

Thank you for what you do.

It is an unappreciated service.

As some one that has been through many surgeries I appreciate your service.
    A WHOLE LOT!

I was reminded once when I came to as they sawed my femur bone in 2!

Quite a memorable experience.

It sorta left an indelible impression on me.......

Just saying for a friend.

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot