Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vizio TV

Quote Originally Posted by Love2labs View Post
    Forget all the big name brands. The guts of all of these TV's are essentially the same. Get yourself a TCL tv. They're made in the USA and they just seem to work. I have a 55" in my garage that has been there for 10 years and never had an issue. I have a 58" in my den and another 55" in my bedroom. Never ever a glitch.
    Agreed. The TV quality on all of them are outstanding for the most part. Why pay $800 when you can get 95% of the same TV for $300.

For those shouting SAMSUNG, I gotta say this: our main TV in the living room is Samsung and it's a good TV. But after using other brands with the built-in Roku software, I greatly prefer it. I have a digital antenna that catches 40-ish local stations, mounted in the attic, that I watch pretty much daily. I have that signal split and it feeds into both a Roku-TV in my master bedroom and the Samsung downstairs. Samsung's guide format and responsiveness are inferior to that of Roku. Roku's guide is much faster at loading programming info, smoother and just all around easier to use. The Samsung is draggy when using apps like Netflix, etc.

So when sitting on the couch in the evening in the living room, I'll select the external Roku device to toggle between Netflix, or Prime Video, Peacock, etc etc.

My in-laws picked up a place at the beach with the intent to rent it out. We opted for Roku TV's in each room, mainly because of Roku's guest mode. Upon power on, it prompts the user to enter the check out date so at 11:00 on that day it will blank out any usernames and passwords entered. It's a neat feature and just another example of how Roku has an edge on competitors, especially Samsung.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-01-2024 at 01:37 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Read a book
    DMX version of Reading Rainbow just popped in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    For those shouting SAMSUNG, I gotta say this: our main TV in the living room is Samsung and it's a good TV. But after using other brands with the built-in Roku software, I greatly prefer it. I have a digital antenna that catches 40-ish local stations, mounted in the attic, that I watch pretty much daily. I have that signal split and it feeds into both a Roku-TV in my master bedroom and the Samsung downstairs. Samsung's guide format and responsiveness are inferior to that of Roku. Roku's guide is much faster at loading programming info, smoother and just all around easier to use. The Samsung is draggy when using apps like Netflix, etc.

So when sitting on the couch in the evening in the living room, I'll select the external Roku device to toggle between Netflix, or Prime Video, Peacock, etc etc.

My in-laws picked up a place at the beach with the intent to rent it out. We opted for Roku TV's in each room, mainly because of Roku's guest mode. Upon power on, it prompts the user to enter the check out date so at 11:00 on that day it will blank out any usernames and passwords entered. It's a neat feature and just another example of how Roku has an edge on competitors, especially Samsung.

I feel bad for people that use their smart tv. As you stated, they are vastly inferior to a Roku or Apple TV.

People have TVs in their bedroom? Two things happen in a bedroom, watching TV isn’t one of those.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    People have TVs in their bedroom? Two things happen in a bedroom, watching TV isn’t one of those.
    The tv is for the GUEST room which will hopefully preclude one the two things that happen in bedrooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I typically agree with the statement. But one weird facet of our foreplay is play Dr. Mario. Hey, it works... the winner gets to take the lead.

Plus after the wife and I both had major surgeries last year, we both found out very quickly the bed upstairs was much more comfortable than the couch. So the TV brought more than its purchase price in value.

Last edited by willyworm; 03-04-2024 at 09:27 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft