Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Groove life (with a lot of envy)

The rubber rings are about $0.29 each on AliExpress.

The wallet? Hmph; I'll pass.

I caved and spent a ridiculous amount of money on an engraved carbon fiber Ridge Wallet. The damn thing is uncomfortable after putting 10 cards in it, and I think it actually ended up thicker than my previous leather wallet. Go figure?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Bust out that DD214, boi' and get yours.
    Speaking of...

You Vets need to sign up for Guidefitter & ExpertVoice. Some of the savings are insane. They both knock GovX into the dirt!

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I don't have a groovy silicon ring, but I do have a Citadel ring and it's got balls on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Speaking of...

You Vets need to sign up for Guidefitter & ExpertVoice. Some of the savings are insane. They both knock GovX into the dirt!
    I'm on all 3 and bounce around depending on what I need and who is participating with which group.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    “Nice Hog HS”
    Thats what copious amounts of red meat will get you
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Speaking of...

I'm officially on GOVX now. You got links to the other 2? What products are available for discounts on them? Anything other than a fancy belt?

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I'm officially on GOVX now. You got links to the other 2? What products are available for discounts on them? Anything other than a fancy belt?
    Your options are nearly endless.

Hornady usually has awesome ammo prices. I find that GovX pricing often mimics Amazon prices.

www.guidefitter.com
    www.expertvoice.com

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk

I’m just lolin’ and rollin’ on a big ass boat with Mickey Mouse. It’s supposed to be 80ish tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the groove ring. Got a cheaper one initially and moisture would get trapped under it when washing hands, sweating, etc. leaving the skin under it all white. Might sound gimmicky but the grooves do allow that to evaporate.

Got 2 of the belts, one in brown another in grey. They're my go to's. It just makes sense when you conceal carry a good bit.

As for the wallet, can't say. I jumped on the front pocket, minimalist bandwagon decades ago. My ole leather Fossil just got wore slap out. It was time... I opted for a company called Allet. Been very pleased. It's got a nifty little slot for a micro pen. Long as I have my wallet, I always have something to write with. With all these contactless cards they're using these days, physical security is a concern. The Allet claims to have a RF ID blocking material built into the exterior.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 03-03-2024 at 08:50 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Personally just not a fan of silicone. Just do this anytime it could get lost.

DF34F7E4-6C1F-40D6-BB2D-9E475E08D0B9.jpg

For me it wasn't losing it. I was working as a mechanic in a manufacturing facility while finishing my bachelor's degree. I was climbing down from the top of a machine and the ring caught an edge. It about ripped the skin off the finger. That was when I made the jump. It just wasn't worth the injury.

Last time my Groove ring tore I sent them pictures, they sent me a new ring. Couldn't have been easier.

I'd rather keep breaking silicone rings for the rest of my life before I lose a digit.

Last edited by willyworm; 03-03-2024 at 08:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

To be honest, if I had to lose a finger....just pretend losing the function of any finger on a hand one at a time...I think the ring finger would be the easiest to deal with NOT having....

Plus you'd never lose another wedding band....

Belt was in the mail yesterday. So far so good...
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

customer service?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    For me it wasn't losing it. I was working as a mechanic in a manufacturing facility while finishing my bachelor's degree. I was climbing down from the top of a machine and the ring caught an edge. It about ripped the skin off the finger. That was when I made the jump. It just wasn't worth the injury.

Last time my Groove ring tore I sent them pictures, they sent me a new ring. Couldn't have been easier.

I'd rather keep breaking silicone rings for the rest of my life before I lose a digit.

Same reason I made the switch. I'm around rotating equipment all the time and didn't want to take a chance.

attn groove lifers...
    i'm sure you're getting 100s of emails from them.
    but check out the Quarry Project (father/son summer experience with year long mentoring)
    very interesting concept some maybe interested in.

and its not "maybe", it should be "may be" and I apologize for that poor diction.