Thread: Little Man Putting In Work (Typical Dad Post)

Default Little Man Putting In Work (Typical Dad Post)

Home run #2 today: https://twitter.com/CBabic2027/statu...560593823?s=19

Got 101mph off the bat the other day. He's consistent with 87 off the mound and low 90's in the field. At the USC camp, he had a 9'3" broad jump & had a 6.84 sixty time measured in FL last month.

This should be a great freshman year (and 3rd year on Varsity baseball) at North Central High School. It's been a fun ride watching him grow & develop.

(Last pic is from the other day at Carolina Playmakers (his 2nd home) when Walker Jenkins (5th overall draft pick last year) asked him to come hit at 2 o'clock on a Thursday. The outstanding staff from the facility drove out to NCHS, got Colt outta school, and took him to Columbia to go train.)

Sent via Galaxy s23 Ultra using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 02-24-2024 at 05:34 PM.

Oh, and I forgot to mention -

If any of y'all have kids who could use some help, who want to put in extra work, or do weight training & conditioning focused towards baseball players, let me know.

I'm pretty sure I can hook you up with a free week at Playmakers so y'all could check them out.

They treat my kid like royalty over there, and not because he's anything special; it's because all of the staff over there are dedicated to making kids better. Oh, and because they're awesome AF.

A 6.84 60 time would be the fastest 60 run in SC in a few years and faster than the women's WR (7.02).

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Commotion View Post
    A 6.84 60 time would be the fastest 60 run in SC in a few years and faster than the women's WR (7.02).
    No ... It wouldn't.

You're talking about meters .... Baseball scouts/coaches/workouts/etc go off of 60 yard dashes.

Good job young man, keep up the good work
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    You're talking about meters .... Baseball scouts/coaches/workouts/etc go off of 60 yard dashes.
    My bad... I obviously don't know jack about baseball.

So, Colt has been diagnosed with spondylosis & has a fractured L3 and has been cleared to play until his rigid brace is fabricated.

CT showed "overgrowth" in the L4 & L5, meaning that those had fractured, too, without anyone knowing; they've healed stronger than they originally were.

With that being said, he got home run #3 & #4 tonight; then an intentional walk for his 3rd AB.

Say a little prayer for the kid, as he's kinda depressed; baseball is his life...

We were signed up with Team Elite National again this summer, but that money is being refunded (thankfully).

Hope everything works out for him.
    Very talented for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Hope everything works out for him.
    Very talented for sure
    Thanks, Rick.

We held a model spine with the rods & screws.

That was more than enough to motivate Colt to wear the "B.O.B." 24/7.

Missed you tonight Sterling. Both bombs were no doubters. Young man is special for sure !!
    Bah! Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Missed you tonight Sterling. Both bombs were no doubters. Young man is special for sure !!
    Thanks; and yeah -- I was pissed I didn't go. With his lacking performance at the last game, and my 157/107 BP, I decided to sit this one out. I was watching the play-by-play on GC, but not the stream. When I saw the 1st HR, I thought shit, I missed it. When I saw the 2nd HR, I thought a stat was wrong.

Needless to say, I put the game up on the TV so I could actually stream the rest of it.

Guess we'll see what his little mysterious ass has in store for next week; afte he got home, he made sure to point out that his OPS has jumped from 1.250 --> 1.510.

https://twitter.com/CBabic2027/statu...663403487?s=19
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 04-12-2024 at 10:34 PM.