Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butcher Knife

well hell since FISH always talks shit about stupid threads....

How do you grip that knife to dice veggies? I can see it being used like an axe to splatchcock a chicken or break thru a bone, but WTF is that knife for? Do i really need 57 knives in a drawer for all different ways to cut things? I can palm an ulu or a butchers knife and dice things safely, quickly, and evenly.

That big huge ass thing looks like it has ONE purpose and that is to slam straight down on a bone to separate cuts of meat.

what am I missing?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

i now i see the sheath and the belt loop which is just utterly stupid but sort of makes sense bc fish came on scducks for opinions.

which is about as useful as wearing that silly thing on your belt while hiking.

the internet really needs to die a swift death before you phone people have a fucking hissy about the spy balloon while your chickens dont lay in the winter....

yeah. read that again you bunch of paranoid hypocrites.
    (glenn made me write this)

How are your bitch ass chickens?

I needed you last night.

i would not have helped. i dont do downtown or parking garages....

my chickens are doing great. thank you.

do you have one of these silly meat clevers? if so, do you wear it on your belt to work?

Where else am I going to park, on the street.. I couldn't even find a space, once I got close enough my panic button helped.

I'm glad your chickens corrected

I do, no belt, don't use it often.. it's cool looking
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-22-2024 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i now i see the sheath and the belt loop which is just utterly stupid but sort of makes sense bc fish came on scducks for opinions.

which is about as useful as wearing that silly thing on your belt while hiking.

the internet really needs to die a swift death before you phone people have a fucking hissy about the spy balloon while your chickens dont lay in the winter....

yeah. read that again you bunch of paranoid hypocrites.
    (glenn made me write this)
    You need to step offline and smoke a fatty. The whole thing.

Well, shit, I agree with 2th. Hate it when that happens. That knife looks like some hipster bullshit, to me. Not much use I can see.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You need to step offline and smoke a fatty. The whole thing.
    That right there is some universal advise. Thanks Fish! To our health!

C'mon, 2th. You really NEED some of these. Think about how well they would match that world class spoon set of yours

Knives 2018.jpg

Kitchen knife 2.jpg

I have one of those too

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Dang Ralph, you could peel a frickin banana with those toes.

I have pretty feet.. ha. Do need summertime though, they're kinda pale looking in that pic.

And that is why he has a fancy sock collection. I can't say much. If I ever lose my hands/arms I will be fine. I've had monkey toes all my life. I could survive with just legs given time to work on flexibility.

Now what's impressive is, he not only got his feet but a young ladies feet in 1 pic!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I don't actually have a fancy sock collection.. I might have a couple decent pairs of hunting socks, a half dozen dress, and a drawer full of no show golf footies.. once it hits decent weather, I'm in flip flops if golf shoes or comfortable work shoes aren't on.

Good to talk, see you out there!

Good lord I'm with Glenn and the DG!

3 of my favorite knives are super cheap filet knives. I don't even know where they came from, but I will hit them with the white and blue hand sharpener 3-4 times and they will slice the thinnest of cuts. Terrific for removing the silver lining on beef/deer. Veggies, good to go.

I have some expensive carry knives, bench made microtech, and some really nice sharpeners, and stones. But for every day kitchen work those 3 filet knives are hard to beat. They don't have much left on them from sharpening them over the years.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Mines a kopala looked earlier. I love it even thou I haven't used it in a while
    Hancock 70 Yamaha

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Good lord I'm with Glenn and the DG!

3 of my favorite knives are super cheap filet knives. I don't even know where they came from, but I will hit them with the white and blue hand sharpener 3-4 times and they will slice the thinnest of cuts. Terrific for removing the silver lining on beef/deer. Veggies, good to go.

I have some expensive carry knives, bench made microtech, and some really nice sharpeners, and stones. But for every day kitchen work those 3 filet knives are hard to beat. They don't have much left on them from sharpening them over the years.
    Best Filet knife is the wood handle Dexter with the 9" flexible blade for most applications. Use to be about $10.00, think they are $20-$25.00 now. I've had more of the sani-safe handled ones snap on me than I care to mention. Bubba's suck.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013