Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which New Truck (Reliability)

Default Which New Truck (Reliability)

Which new truck would be most reliable? In the market soon.

I drove an 09' Silverado that had issues at 80k fixed and 88k same thing which they then gave me a new engine under warranty which I brought to 200k with no issues and sold.

I now drive a 17' Tundra that has over 180k miles with no issues.

I wouldn't think twice about buying another Tundra, but the new Tundras are not the same and I have read many bad reviews.

What say you? I am looking for the most reliable truck not the best looking.

Why do you want aa new one?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Keep the '17. It's good for at least 300k untouched. Know quite a few people with 400-500k on them.

Edited to add: I sold mine to Gbelly because I was put into a company vehicle and find myself wishing I had it almost daily...
    Last edited by smitch320; 02-19-2024 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Keep the '17. It's good for at least 300k untouched. Know quite a few people with 400-500k on them.
    This here...
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post

Edited to add: I sold mine to Gbelly because I was put into a company vehicle and find myself wishing I had it almost daily...
    I don't plan on selling it. Honestly I would like to stop putting tons of highway mileage on it so I can keep it longer.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    I don't plan on selling it. Honestly I would like to stop putting tons of highway mileage on it so I can keep it longer.
    Smart man.

That being said, I'd still buy a Toyota if you plan on keeping the vehicle for any amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Not sure of your situation, but why not consider getting a Tacoma for the highway miles and keeping the Tundra for towing or times when you need the extra room?

Or get a newer tundra before they switched models and engines.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I love these threads.
    More fuel = more boost!!

https://www.jimhudsonfordlexington.c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

2021 Tundra was the last year with the V8. I don’t like the color of this one. If I could get over the gear shifter being in the console, I’d find a cement grey one.

I saw one in Orangeburg at the end of duck season. My daughter and I stopped at a gas station after a woodie shoot and that truck just grabbed my eye.
    Last edited by KRT; 02-19-2024 at 10:30 PM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’m in complete disbelief at what I just read!
    Last edited by wdhigh; 02-19-2024 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Not sure of your situation, but why not consider getting a Tacoma for the highway miles and keeping the Tundra for towing or times when you need the extra room?
    This is what I did at the end of last year before the new model Tacomas came out. Kept my 13 F150 with 100k miles for the extra room and towing camper. The Tacoma is my daily ride and been more than happy with it. Especially the 22 mpg.
    Last edited by SCHUNTINFANATIC; 02-20-2024 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    https://www.jimhudsonfordlexington.c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

2021 Tundra was the last year with the V8. I don’t like the color of this one. If I could get over the gear shifter being in the console, I’d find a cement grey one.

I saw one in Orangeburg at the end of duck season. My daughter and I stopped at a gas station after a woodie shoot and that truck just grabbed my eye.
    that platform prior to the changes made in 2021, was among the best that you can get in a 1/2 ton truck. THat color tho...ugh.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    I’m in complete disbelief at what I just read!
    I didn't say you'd catch me in one.
    More fuel = more boost!!

i will never spend 45k on a used truck

I'd get three 15k ones.

i dont understand this one bit.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

That beep beep thing it does when you lock it is gaaaaaaaaayyyy
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Or get a newer tundra before they switched models and engines.
    I wanted to do this, but the new ones have the crew cab and 6.5 bed.

I don’t remember any of the older tundras doing the crew cab with 6.5. That’s why my ‘14 is an extended. Now that the kids are getting bigger, I want the crew.

Hopefully yall can prove me wrong.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 02-20-2024 at 07:54 AM.

I bought a 94 f150 with 300 inline 6 in it last week to do the same thing. Buy alot of gas for it for what a new truck costs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Newer model domestic trucks are a crap shoot. I pay to have them fixed for a living. I don’t have near the knowledge that Kevin does, but I see the data. If you’re buying a used domestic truck, research a service contract company that will actually pay claims, and roll on.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Newer model domestic trucks are a crap shoot. I pay to have them fixed for a living. I don’t have near the knowledge that Kevin does, but I see the data. If you’re buying a used domestic truck, research a service contract company that will actually pay claims, and roll on.
    I know a shop that accepts said service contracts
    More fuel = more boost!!