Thread: 2023/2024 photo dump part 2

Default 2023/2024 photo dump part 2

So in total my crew killed 245 ducks in 22 hunts including the Veteran Hunt weekend. Not too shabby. Looking forward to next season and possibly picking up a duck boat if things work out with the re-tour here. It’s not “necessary” to kill ducks here but sure will make my life easier during the season and allow me to hunt some new areas that are open 7 days a week but are too far to travel in a kayak.

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

like it

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_7846.jpg

And finally the last sunset of the 2024 season taken on February 11th.

IMG_7831.jpg

Outstanding scenery to be killing ducks!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Nice work

Outstanding. In the last pic, what kind of rig is that in front? Particularly on the stern?
    Last edited by willk; 02-19-2024 at 07:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

This is a cool pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a Torqeedo 1103 Ultralight. Basically a three horsepower transom mounted electric motor. I’ve been sponsored by them for kayak fishing for three years now. They love the fact that I use mine year round and incorporate it into my duck hunting. Top speed on a Hobie Pro Angler 14 is about 6.4mph. Not screaming but way better than paddling/pedaling especially when towing a pirogue full of gear and another person! If I’m conservative with the throttle position and don’t try to run around at wide open all day I can easily get a 15 mile trip in on one battery. When fishing and cruising along at 3mph or less the. You’re talking a 25 mile range. I think the most I’ve seen on a single battery is around 40 miles but that would require limiting speed to 1.5mph or so throughout the day. That’s fine for fishing banks as long as you don’t need to make any long runs. I have all my Hobies set up with foot steering so you’re hands free to fish or do other things. Just set the throttle at the speed you want and go!

Hell yeah. Great season. Even got a Mud Ugh sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    This is a cool pic.

That was the last day of the regular season. I took a kayak fishing buddy of mine that had just gotten into duck hunting. This was his second season and he had never killed a limit before. He came out one shy and lost his 7th bird in the grass on the edge of the creek we were hunting.

IMG_3042.jpg

Hard to beat that. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pictures. You definitely know how to get it done when others don't.
    Kudos!
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Good stuff. I am making plans to take a trip to the left coast in December. Looking forward to it.

Right on!
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

good job, buddy
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    Hell yeah. Great season. Even got a Mud Ugh sighting.
    We used to run together quite a bit back in my pre-Coast Guard days. I think this was the first time we've hunted together since I lived in New Orleans back before Hurricane Katrina ran me through the ringer!