Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2023/2024 photo dump.

Default 2023/2024 photo dump.

It was a pretty good season out here in California for my group although the reports from across the state and country were pretty dismal. The public salt marsh seemed to be far more consistent at giving up birds compared to many private clubs and even the refuges. Green winged teal were by far the number one bird which I don’t have a problem with because I absolutely love shooting teal! I did miss the big swarms of wigeon that have historically filled the marshes. We haven’t seen them the last few years and I suspect that’s due to the more mild winters that we’ve had. Looking forward to at least one more season out here. I’ve got a little something in the works that could keep me here for four more but I need several things to line up just right if that’s going to happen. We shall see!

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Good stuff.

How do Canvasbacks taste?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-19-2024 at 05:41 PM.

Yep, I'd stay. Good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Good stuff.

How do Canvasbacks taste?
    Like any other duck, it all depends on what they’re eating. Out here they’re fantastic though!

yes sir
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

You should invite me along so y’all don’t have to waste shells on them rusty teal…
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Quote Originally Posted by HEAD View Post
    You should invite me along so y’all don’t have to waste shells on them rusty teal…
    We made two trips south this year for them. Both turned out to be worth it. We didn’t stack them by any means but probably saw 100 or so each hunt. There were ample opportunities for everyone to bring one home and some of us got a couple!

Gorgeous ducks brother! Of course you know I love the pirogue killing! I gotta get out there one day!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Good stuff sir.

Great pics thanks for sharing.

Nice season.

I dig the Yak/sneak boat pic's.

Also like your ported choke tube.

so the blue nike hat has been replaced by the brown costa hat?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

With me fishing all the tournament stuff now the hat selection had to "evolve"! LOL I'm generally sporting a blue or brown Costa hat or an AFTCO hat these days depending on what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    Nice season.

I dig the Yak/sneak boat pic's.

Also like your ported choke tube.
    Man! I had to go back through the pics and find where you saw the choke tube! Almost missed it! That's a Kick's choke. I tried it for a bit mid-season but went back to my Patternmaster that I picked up from Duckman#1. It's ported as well though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Man! I had to go back through the pics and find where you saw the choke tube! Almost missed it! That's a Kick's choke. I tried it for a bit mid-season but went back to my Patternmaster that I picked up from Duckman#1. It's ported as well though!
    Haha.

I know some around here love to hate the ported choke.

I shoot a Kicks mod as well. I used to have a lot of crip's when I shot the stock IC.

Changed to the Kicks mod quite a few seasons ago. Shoots tighter but I feel I can reach out a little better with it then my stock crio (sb2) choke. It also hammers geese.

Wad Skripper

How hard was it to decoy that bass?