Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2024

Quality BB in SC. I'm going to have to break from hunting and fishing for a day while I'm there and go take in a game or two.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Clemson just swept FSU. Three really good games.

Heck of a weekend for sure.

Great ball played this weekend. Fun to watch for sure.

Big big weekend in the Palmetto state. Both teams sweep really good teams at home. SC appeared to have a lot less drama than up in Clemson, but the win totals are all the same. Blake Wright is the hottest hitter on earth, went .591 with 6 HR and 21 RBIs this WEEK. Go ahead or game tying Grand Slams on back to back days. Fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WatereesWatson View Post
    Big big weekend in the Palmetto state. Both teams sweep really good teams at home. SC appeared to have a lot less drama than up in Clemson, but the win totals are all the same. Blake Wright is the hottest hitter on earth, went .591 with 6 HR and 21 RBIs this WEEK. Go ahead or game tying Grand Slams on back to back days. Fun to watch.
    I don't know that I've ever seen 2 games play out like games 2 and 3 in Clemson. Lmao. I actually said to myself Sunday when FSU went up 5-0. "Got em right where we want em"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I don't know that I've ever seen 2 games play out like games 2 and 3 in Clemson. Lmao. I actually said to myself Sunday when FSU went up 5-0. "Got em right where we want em"
    You were exactly right then. The next step is to not go down 11-2 and 9-1 at any point during a game, but at least we know they never fold and to never leave the ballpark til the last out is actually called.

Obviously, Florida State has no bull pen.

Both Clemson and Carolina lost 1 run games last night. Clemson got walked off in the bottom of the 9th. Not sure how the coot game shook out as I was going back and forth between baseball and basketball.

I'm not even mad about Miami winning that game. Their starter was a menace and deserved that win. 15K's and 1 earned run over 9 full. 118 pitches. Nothing to do but tip your cap.....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Props to Mario Cristobal for walking off Clemzin

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Props to Mario Cristobal for walking off Clemzin
    Man I swear they all look alike. Every damn one of em is 6'3" and look like they just got off a homemade boat

Baseball’s a big boy game now.

Gorilla ball era

Cocks lost due to very poor defense. Messina had his worst game I’ve ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Cocks lost due to very poor defense. Messina had his worst game I’ve ever seen.
    How do you have a runner on third with no outs and not get him across?
    Last edited by BCR3; 03-29-2024 at 11:24 AM.

Cocks should have had four errors in the box score. They were lenient with that last night. Very bad defensive outing for the gamecocks. LeCroy getting eaten up at third, Messina not blocking, missed balls in the outfield. Bases loaded with no outs and leaving the inning stranding all three. It was a cluster.

Poor official scoring is rampant across all of baseball, not just college.

Bases loaded and no outs historically results in zero runs scored 13.43% of the time. I get that it’s frustrating and I didn’t watch the game so I don’t know how the 3 outs played out, but sometimes pitching and defense wins the inning.

Ouch

Gamecocks got their asses kicked.

Coots are having a rough go of it in Tuscaloosa. Bakich pushed all the right buttons and Clemson evened the series last night in Miami. Rubber match today at 1

ETA: Miami’s starting pitchers have been beyond solid. Probably the roughest 2 games in a row Clemson has had at the plate all year.
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 03-30-2024 at 07:07 AM.