Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Equipment service

Default Equipment service

What’s your thoughts on equipment service in the midlands? Who does it? Is it expensive? Is there a demand for a good equipment service shop in the midlands?

What about a mobile truck that comes to you?
    More fuel = more boost!!

I have no idea, but it sounds like you're getting ready to become the KRT of equipment service in the midlands. Go for it!

I’m in Sumter,and there’s a definite need around this area.

I think there's always a need for good service work. I've been working a job at Excel Truck Group this week. Either they do a great job or the market demands a number of additional providers because it appears they are slammed.

I think a person who could service an atv or utv in a reasonable amount of time and a reasonable price would do quite well.

Also, it is really tough to find guys to service older tractors.

If it’s anything like here and you halfway worked, we’re reasonable and honest, you’d make a killing.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You referring to mobile heavy equipment fluid/filter change and minor repair ?

Damn right.......

We have to rely on different folks for equipment service in Aiken. The only company we call in is Toro to work on large commercial mowers. If you can find the right customers it probably wouldnt take but a handful for you to be rolling. Their is some business license/insurance/workers comp requirements working on our property though. That can get expensive.

I have a buddy I grew up with that worked for several of the "big name" service companies. He opened his own business and is making bank. The big names can't keep up and charge a wad. He came in with great service and pricing and knocked it out of the park.

I know the boat people that do it will come to you and are really doing well from what I was told.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We have a guy that does ours, Polarises plural whatever it is, tractors, and stuff.. He's pretty solid, but works some where else too. Our old guy was great too, worked out of another companies shop, but opened a brick and mortar shop on his own.. now he's full time on cars. One of my son's best friends does it, straight 18 wheelers though for right now, he travels all over the south east with a camper, at 19 years old. Him and my son have been talking about opening another side business, but doubt it'll be that.. I've already had to talk him out of buying a damn stump grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    You referring to mobile heavy equipment fluid/filter change and minor repair ?

Damn right.......
    This would be priceless. Think about all these hobby farms that have 50-200 acres and a 50 horse tractor. You could name your price for folks to not have to load it, haul it, pick it up, etc.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

CR Miles in Lugoff has been my only experience with Heavy Equipment Repair outside of Blanchard. CR is good people and he and his crew can fix just about anything. There’s definitely a void in heavy equipment repair in the midlands outside of the dealership companies. Someone that could weld and had a line boring machine on top of normal repairs could name their price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Service as in lube tech or repair shop?

Thank you for the feedback. The text, messages, and even phone calls today was unreal.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I thought we agreed we were selling out and retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I thought we agreed we were selling out and retiring?
    We did, 2 for 1 correct?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Yessir.

CAT 304E mini X

We did a complete service, hydraulic fluid change, all that shit for the tracks, and a thumb install for a fraction, I mean a fraction of what Blanchard wanted. We still made money. All of this could have been done on site.

More fuel = more boost!!

wreco says hello
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.